Sit Tight...Your Dollar is About To Go ALOT Further!

Lucas said:
You better look after that old bag queen of yours and her retinue of useless drunken parasites, old chap.

This queen is mine not yours....and I don't give you a shit, that stuff is all mine too, B.Y.O.

Yes lucas, for once, I agree with you. The shit is all yours.

PhilipDT said:
Yes lucas, for once, I agree with you. The shit is all yours.

I wasn't talking to you, when I do I'll mention your name, this reply was for the prophead so please stay out of it and mind your business..

Thank you.

Lucas said:
I wasn't talking to you, when I do I'll mention your name, this reply was for the prophead so please stay out of it and mind your business..

Thank you.

Can we vote rude and inflexible ignoramus' off the island? How?

ROFL...

Lucas you really make me laugh! Keep posting. You are definitely an insanely brilliant satirist.

There's an important variable to be included for the predictions about the future of the USD/ARS pair : the liquidation of USDs brought by Soy, Corn and such.

This liquidation is usually strong during the months november to february.
Furthermore, quite many producers kept stocks (waiting for the $ to raise, etc.) but they'll need to liquidate sooner or late.
Prices of soja have gone down during the past months, but the production in the US has been lower (source:USDA) so they should remain somehow stable for next year (also linked to the future of meat production).

http://www.focoblanco.com.uy/2011/1...-tonelas-de-soja-a-la-espera-de-mejor-precio/

http://www.horizontenoticias.com.ar...s-dolares&catid=1:ultimas-noticias&Itemid=131

Would it be the government's interest to make a strong devaluation now?
I still see a slow but constant devaluation, furthermore it wouldn't make sense politically to make a strong devaluation at once... But well, this is Argentina.

paullegere said:
What is an "informal" dollar rate?
Thanks

The informal rate is the black market rate. The Argentine authorities have made it difficult for residents to sell their dollars. They now must provide proof of the origins of their dollars. This is something most are unable or unwilling to do. Use your imagination as to why...

Due to this new strict policy, there is a premium put on dollars that are exchanged 'no questions asked' or informally... or the black market...

I think the seasonal export liquidations will not change the official exchange rate much, rather just reduce the amount of reserves that need to be sold to keep it at their target level. And, for whatever is worth, the 2012 budget sets this value at 4.4

So, while the official rate may not change much, the "informal" may go anywhere. Argentines are familiar with this double market, common during 70's and 80's

zapatosgoma said:
Argentines are familiar with this double market, common during 70's and 80's

When they also had triple digit inflation...

Back