Six months now in trámite with Migración

De Callisto

Registered
Tomorrow will mark six months since I started the process to obtain a one year retirement (pensionado) visa. I have received three previously to accommodate extended stays.

I've no criminal history in the USA or anywhere else; not even a parking ticket. No civil or tax issues anywhere - nothing. I have a federal monthly income many multiples of the minimum requirement. All documents have been submitted properly now for almost two months. Radex status indicates 'awaiting final supervisory review', or something to that effect. There have been no further requests for documentation.

The identical process has never taken this long; perhaps 4 months previously. I have an Argentina attorney helping me who is stymied as well. Migración is simply a black hole with no access and no response. We cannot even renew the precaria online via Radex. Is anyone else here going through this? Thanks.

Hello De Callisto-

I can share my experience, which sounds similar to yours. I have also applied for the pensionado residency along with my wife as a dependent. We initiated the process by contacting a lawyer early last September. It took until early January 2023 for our FBI record checks to arrive from the U.S. and our application was only entered into RADEX in January. Then, we had our in-person appointment at Migraciones in late February. So, yes it has been about 2 months exactly since we had everything officially submitted and received our first precaria. My precaria was renewed in early April after they verified my income document from the U.S. Embassy and now shows, like you, waiting for supervisor approval. It did seem to take our lawyers about 3 weeks to renew the precaria, we didn't try it online. We will need to begin the renewal process of my wife's precaria around May 16th as her current one expires May 26th. It is a bit frustrating as we have different expirations on our precaria and haven't left the country since arriving last August. We would like to leave and take care of some business but we are waiting for our precarias to both be renewed once more so that we will have around 50 days in order to leave and return. I keep hoping we will see an approval soon and get our DNI. We did make some friends here, not U.S. citizens, who applied as a family around the same time as us. They had 2 of 4 DNI's already issued back in January. Don't really understand how the process is supposed to work and it seems to me that our lawyer, who is highly recommended, also never really quite knows what to expect from the process.

Exactly the same situation here, same residency category, straight forward case that is fully documented, been going since September, using a lawyer. One precaria after another, with the lawyer struggling to even get those processed, let alone the case resolved. Apparently, it's the flood of Russians causing the bottleneck. Be patient.

Thanks for the replies. It seems that I am at least in good company. Due to the delay, my attorney requested a refund of the initial fees as a ploy to cause someone at Migracion to examine the application, see that it's complete and hopefully push it through to approval. If this gambit is successful I will let folks know. Other than that, there is nothing to do but to standby and enjoy the autumn weather.

We requested from Migraciones a refund of the initial pensionado processing fees. About 7,000 ARS. Today we received the attached message. Hopefully, it will catalyze someone to finally sign off on the lingering residency + DNI solicitation. All the trámite is in good order. As of 06 APR when the precaria expired, I am here illegally. We were unable to renew it online for reasons unbeknownst to rational persons. The attorney says to just standby.

I first came to Buenos Aires in 1986 and am familiar with Migraciones. Other than new paint, not much has changed.

Attachments

• Migracion.JPG
    Migracion.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 22
We requested from Migraciones a refund of the initial pensionado processing fees. About 7,000 ARS. Today we received the attached message. Hopefully, it will catalyze someone to finally sign off on the lingering residency + DNI solicitation. All the trámite is in good order. As of 06 APR when the precaria expired, I am here illegally. We were unable to renew it online for reasons unbeknownst to rational persons. The attorney says to just standby.

I first came to Buenos Aires in 1986 and am familiar with Migraciones. Other than new paint, not much has changed.
Miraculously, on Monday my lawyer advised that mine had been signed off, and, even more miraculously, the DNI arrived at my door the next day. .

Miraculously, on Monday my lawyer advised that mine had been signed off, and, even more miraculously, the DNI arrived at my door the next day. .
Congratulations mate. Perseverance too is a virtue. Cheers

Exactly the same situation here, same residency category, straight forward case that is fully documented, been going since September, using a lawyer. One precaria after another, with the lawyer struggling to even get those processed, let alone the case resolved. Apparently, it's the flood of Russians causing the bottleneck. Be patient.
Russians are not getting anything processed apparently, so far no approved residences for applications in 2023.
Same heard about Ukrainians.

i always advice to go with a pendrive and ask for a vista. You get you file in PDF and you can read the internal memos to see what’s wrong for them.

Russians are not getting anything processed apparently, so far no approved residences for applications in 2023.
Same heard about Ukrainians.
I was just at immigrations today where all but maybe 5 of us were Russian. I saw several families getting their pictures taken, presumably as their residency had been approved.

Back