Six months now in trámite with Migración

I was just at immigrations today where all but maybe 5 of us were Russian. I saw several families getting their pictures taken, presumably as their residency had been approved.
I had my picture taken when submitting initial application and getting my first precaria, presumably they’re just in the beginning of their journey that isn’t likely to end soon.

How do you tell Russians from Ukrainians?

I had my picture taken when submitting initial application and getting my first precaria, presumably they’re just in the beginning of their journey that isn’t likely to end soon.
I suppose it´s entirely possible that they were just starting, but it appeared to me that one family was being approved as they had the same process as me of being photo'd/fingerprinted/signature (I was also approved today) and a lawyer Olga that seemed to be representing at least 3 different families also offered congratulations. Pero qué sé yo.

How do you tell Russians from Ukrainians?
Their passports said Russian Federation. I did not see a single blue passport.

I was just at immigrations today where all but maybe 5 of us were Russian. I saw several families getting their pictures taken, presumably as their residency had been approved.
Precaria does not mean that residency is granted.

I was also approved today)
Congratulations! I hope that means unblocking of whatever prevented them from keeping their timelines of 90-180 days to produce a response. And even from issuing a precaria which recently was taking them weeks to renew.

And some hope to those who don’t have much of a home country to return to.

unblocking of whatever prevented them from keeping their timelines of 90-180 days to produce a response

I hope that others will be able to progress as easily as I did, but I´m married to an Argentine. I´ve been here for a stupidly long time without my legal residency and started my official process at the start of 2020 where I got screwed by covid shutdowns (it took me a year and half to renew my passport which had expired April of 2020).

Overall it went fairly smoothly; I submitted my RADEX application on May 10th, received an email from migraciones on the 15th for my appointment on the 19th. The agent made it sound like my residency is a done deal and that I´d be receiving my plastic DNI in the mail shortly. We´ll see how long that takes!

I submitted my RADEX application on May 10th, received an email from migraciones on the 15th for my appointment on the 19th

Lucky you! Or rather "you have done your waiting anyway". Either way, looks like the system works at least in some cases. My experience so far is that it's borked with little evidence of the contrary.

Back