Small Lan Observations Re: Aeroparque & Bariloche Airport

Dublin2BuenosAires

Registered
Flew Aeroparque - Bariloche and the same return over the long weekend. Flights left on time and were quite pleasant, the parents were content.

In both Bariloche and Jorge Newbery the flights were both shown as delayed. On the departure boards the flight times were 30 minutes earlier (aeroparque) and 70 mins earlier (in Bariloche) than as advertised on our tickets.

Flustered we asked at check in and at the ticket desk what the story was with the delays and why the flight times had been changed, LAN reps claimed the airport controlled departure boards were changing their flight times to show them as delayed when they were in fact on time. We arrived in BA and Bariloche on time.

Bizarre, I wonder is there a directed effort to portray LAN in a bad light in terms of the reliability? Will someone present a story of an airline with (phamtom) delays ?

ps...thanks for the car hire recommendations, we had a great time. Got lucky with the weather too...20+

Regarding the "Delayed" status of the LAN flight, I've had the same thing happen on Aerolineas Argentinas.

Flew Aeroparque - Bariloche and the same return over the long weekend. Flights left on time and were quite pleasant, the parents were content.

In both Bariloche and Jorge Newbery the flights were both shown as delayed. On the departure boards the flight times were 30 minutes earlier (aeroparque) and 70 mins earlier (in Bariloche) than as advertised on our tickets.

Flustered we asked at check in and at the ticket desk what the story was with the delays and why the flight times had been changed, LAN reps claimed the airport controlled departure boards were changing their flight times to show them as delayed when they were in fact on time. We arrived in BA and Bariloche on time.

Bizarre, I wonder is there a directed effort to portray LAN in a bad light in terms of the reliability? Will someone present a story of an airline with (phamtom) delays ?

ps...thanks for the car hire recommendations, we had a great time. Got lucky with the weather too...20+

Quite to the contrary, passengers are flustered because of the announced delay then they are happier to leave on time. :wub: If left on time no emotional reward....

i fly often and as far as possible avoid aero parque. Nothing to do with LAN or aerolineas..the airport sucks.

of course, for local flights, this is the only option.

OP That's so weird you mentioned about the wrong time on the boards... the first and ever time that I have encountered a difference between the time on my ticket (and original itinerary) and the time on the board was recently flying back from Madrid on Iberia! I thought I was going crazy at first because I was searching the board by time and there was no flight at 12:10; I asked someone about it and they said 'nevermind it's at 12:10'. I couldn't believe that that could happen though.

Back