So Germany Won! Where Are We Celebrating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just shows that some people are bad losers. First of all, the translation is not correct; yes, he spoke a bavarian dialect which might not be easy to understand, but then one shouldn't try to quote him... Second, it was about the golden boot, won by Rodriguez, not the golden ball won by Messi. If one get the context and the language right, one would realize that he was making fun of the Columbian reporter...

On a side note: I don't think Messi earned himself the golden ball (yes, he played a good world cup, but he wasn't *the* player) and Mueller wouldn't be my first pick either. For me it's either Jones or Robben, but given these awards are sponsored by Adidas...

Edit: just saw EdRooneys comment and I'd agree that if it would go to an Argentine player, for me it should have been Mascherano who played great in each single game.

Who is Jones :confused:

And Neuer (even if I wished that France & Argentina would defeat him) has been a great goalkeeper.

This pic is appropriate for the understanding (pics can lie though)
4456970_3_0507_sortie-de-neuer-sur-higuain-a-la-57e-minute_063c142474c4a01d9316856bb93a30f0.jpg

We all know the Schumacher-Battiston case (and it was really terrible, Battiston got vertebras broken, lost teeth, took years to be valid again, football carrier finished, etc... And Schumacher didn't even approach him after, he was ready to play the ball again.

But here's another "strong action" with Barthez & Ronaldo in a WC

https://www.youtube....h?v=qudo-G0QWQI

And CFK didn't watch one game in the World Cup by her own admission.Not even the final.
I'm gobsmacked.

She'd have done better to watch football than to expand nuclear power. Or she could have played a nice game of parcheesi. Anything.

And CFK didn't watch one game in the World Cup by her own admission.Not even the final.
I'm gobsmacked.

and do you believe her...? she seeemed to know a lot of the details for someone who hadnt watched the games...

I'm gobsmacked.

As you probably know, Argentines are quite superstitious... I'm sure she watched the games and I'm sure she would have loved to see them play in Brazil... but if they lost (as they did) the media and some people would have blamed her as being mufa. I don't think anything could be more politically damaging. ;)

Maybe she's not a soccer fan or had her own reasons for not watching, but I think it has to do more with distancing herself from being called a jinx. Maradona didn't even attend any more games after the media started talking about a possible jinx link.

obelisco or downtown baghdad???

http://telefenoticias.com.ar/es/videos/policiales/20140714/obelisco-video-los-destrozos-bar/140224.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back