So I've Decided To Sell My House But Where Will I Go?

Do you still find life affordable in Argentina? Just curious. At this point wouldn't it be just as cheap to buy property in certain rural parts of the US? If you are unable to sell any of the property, will you remain in the house indefinitely?

We've been thinking about this a lot recently. For me anyway (the wife has never fully settled back into her homeland) I have detected most of the fun of living here started to wane in line with inflation.....the more it kept going up the more cheesed off we have become with life here despite our standard of living not being affected. I increasingly began to think why the heck should we pay more for whatever item here when you can get a better quality item elsewhere for less cost. Granted, property in the UK is more expensive but at least you can budget properly especially in the longer term. Here it's just a ruddy guessing game.

There was a time I'd put up with all the hassles of life here but now they just seem to annoy me....and I'm a very easy going person. So we've seriously started to make plans for our future and it certainly won't involve us being here all the time.

A quick google search shows this:

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]The median property tax in West Virginia is [/background]​
$464.00
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]per year for a home worth the median value of [/background]
$94,500.00
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]. Counties in West Virginia collect an average of 0.49% of a property's assesed fair market value as property tax per year.[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]I don't know your age but if you are a US citizen and 65+ you are covered by Medicare, so you wouldn't need a health insurance policy. [/background]

Back