So my Wii remote struck my flatscreen...

scottlyon

Registered
Hey all,

I bought a TV from Compumundo about 6 months ago and have been having a lovely time with it up until last evening. During some downtime with my wife the screen got accidentally hit with a Wii remote and now only displays coloured lines.

Is there some sort of magical Argentinian law which means it's covered and gets replaced or am I just sod out of luck on this one?

Big bummer. You are screwed big time.
Contact manufacturer authorized repair center or manufacturer directly and ask for options. Skip asking Compumundo, waste of time.

Good luck.

You mean kind of like this youtube.com/watch?v=MOxqCoJpFac?

Why in the world would that be covered?

Lol,

The last thing I would tell the store where you have your warranty, is that you broke it by throwing a Wii remote at it. But yes. I think you're pretty much screwed. I don't see any reason why a warranty should cover that damage. Do you ?

Best case scenario, you can sell it on mercadolibre for spare parts and maybe recoup some cash.

Someone forgot to use the safety harness?????? Jajaj....I can easily see how beer plus Wii ends with broken plasma..

PhilipDT said:
You mean kind of like this youtube.com/watch?v=MOxqCoJpFac?

Why in the world would that be covered?

Because back home (for me being the states) this can be covered, thanks to my glorious best buy warranty on my laptop if i were to spill water and fry it or drop it and crack the screen, or anything, it would all be taken care of free of charge within a year...but we are in Argentina, sooo..good luck!

Just play dumb and say it happened on it's own, overnight. If there's no outward sign of damage on the screen, you might luck out.

Thanks all!

I was just asking because you never know what wonderful laws and policies exist in a place like Argentina.

Repairing it costs about the same as replacing it - so an expensive accident at my end!!!

Back