So Now That Argentines Can "buy Dollars"....

I think the title is a little misleading. All Argentinians won't be able to buy dollars because only about 20% of the population actually makes more than 7000 pesos a month. So those who are more well off will be able to buy dollars, the other 80% of the population, well all they get is more inflation. It looks like this decades economic implosion is on its way. Be prepared for 20-30% price hikes in the coming months.

I think the title is a little misleading. All Argentinians won't be able to buy dollars because only about 20% of the population actually makes more than 7000 pesos a month. So those who are more well off will be able to buy dollars, the other 80% of the population, well all they get is more inflation. It looks like this decades economic implosion is on its way. Be prepared for 20-30% price hikes in the coming months.

In the class war, then, the Kirchneristas have finally acknowledged who their true allies are.

I think the title is a little misleading. All Argentinians won't be able to buy dollars because only about 20% of the population actually makes more than 7000 pesos a month.

May be useful to clarify that only about 20% earn that amount of monthly salary en blanco. There's an appreciably significant % of people who's monthly income likely reaches this level, but is partially or entirely en negro. Alas, your point about being disadvantaged still holds true, as they're shut out of the new exchange as well.

May be useful to clarify that only about 20% earn that amount of monthly salary en blanco. There's an appreciably significant % of people who's monthly income likely reaches this level, but is partially or entirely en negro. Alas, your point about being disadvantaged still holds true, as they're shut out of the new exchange as well.
this is exactly why the black market isn't going anywhere. Good point.

According to Clarin you couldn't get USD today due to the banks waiting for official confirmation paperwork.

HA HA HA
Forget it!
!) You have to have a local bank account to make a bank to bank transfer

2)You have to earn a minimun of 7,200 pesos a month, legally, to begin with

3) If you make 80,000 pesos a month then you can buy 2,000 USD a month. Only about 5% of the local population will qualify for this

CAPISTH??

HA HA HA
Forget it!
!) You have to have a local bank account to make a bank to bank transfer

2)You have to earn a minimun of 7,200 pesos a month, legally, to begin with

3) If you make 80,000 pesos a month then you can buy 2,000 USD a month. Only about 5% of the local population will qualify for this

CAPISTH??

They failed to mention your Camporista membership card.

AFIP reports 121,000 transactions in 8 hours for $ 59,000,000.
http://www.iprofesional.com/notas/179312-Dlar-ahorro-en-slo-un-da-la-AFIP-proces-ms-de-121000-operaciones-por-us59-millones

That is about 15000 inquiries an hour or about 252 a minute. Quite a system they have. Think I have the numbers correct?

edited too, lol

EDIT: can the governmental servers handle 15.000 queries an hour? I guess yes?

Back