Soccer

Lance said:
Futboljunkie:

Thanks for the useful info. Sounds like smart decisions are required to attend the games. I am still interested in going, unfortunately the one that seems best to get me started (River vs Huracan) happens on the same day we arrive. The best city one and probably the hardest to get into, is between Boca and River on the 20th. What would you recommend? It looks like there are no games from the 14 - 19th. Are you going to the Boca game on the 20th?

Again, thanks for helping em out.
Lance

Fecha 10 | 21.03.2010Lanús- | -Racing
Argentinos
- | -Tigre
Boca
- | -River
Huracán
- | -ChacaritaIndependiente- | -Rosario CentralSan Lorenzo- | -ColónGimnasia- | -Arsenal
The dates and times are not confirmed yet, but the Boca game will definitly on sunday at 16.00h

I don't know if you can afford it but a ticket for the Boca River game will cost you around 100 to 200 dollar but it's definitly worth every penny if you are a big futbol fan.

Lanus and Indepediente are in the southern suburbs, you can go there but I personally wouldn't recomend it. San Lorenzo and Argentinos are in areas in the city that are less known for most foreigners

The stadium of San Lorenzo is really close to a very dangerous slum and if you want to go there it would be best if you ask a cab driver to wait for you at the stadium after the game.

Argentinos is not really that dangerous but you should stay with the crowds after the game and try to flag down at a cab at any of the big avenues

Gimnasia has a briliant old stadium

but it's in La Plata a city about 1 hour from BA

Futboljunkie said:
I have been to a million games in BA and have been to most stadiums but if you are not familiar with Argentina and/or don't speak Spanish I would not reccomend to go to games in the province(like Racing). It's just not the same as going to games in Capital.

It's a lot harder to get taxi's, the place is more unpredictable, public transport is less available and sometimes more dangerous

If I am in BA for just 2 weeks I would go to River or Boca, they are generally safer(especially River) for tourists.

If you go you should just go the stadium before the game you can buy a platea ticket(I would not recommend popular, where in general the hooligans and lower class go). Prices are around 100 to 150 peso and normally you get good seats and it's safe
Hey Junkie

I went to the Boca Tucuman game and sat in the platea. I went the morning of and bought the tickets for 70pesos each.

I would love to go to the boca river game but i don't know if i want to spend a hundred or two per ticket...

My question is... I would really like to go to the boca estudiantes game this sunday. Is there anytime the ticket office is open before sunday so i can buy them ahead of time. Also the platea is just fine but we would like to get into the popular, is it necessary to be a socio to get one of the tickets?

Thanks

You can buy a ticket before the game starts, there might be a sale a few days before the game but you should check out the website or just go there and find out.

I don't know about Boca but normally the popular is the most popular because it's the cheapest option, so there might not be any tickets

Lance, if you want to go the Boca - River game you should calculate with 100 to 200 dollars. If you can afford it and really like soccer it will be worth every penny

Lanus and Indep play at home that weekend, they are both in the provincia you can go there but it's just different and a little bit more dangerous if you dont know the country and/or the language

San Lorenzo play at home as well and close to the stadium it's safe(lot of police) but just across the street there is a very dangerous slum. Huracan is in the Parque Patricios neibourghood, and in general it's not that dangerous. Argentinos plays the Paternal neibourghood, and you wont find many foreigners there but in general it's not that dangerous. Just make sure that you stay close to the crowds after the game and flag down a cab down in one of the major avenues

Gimnasia play in La Plata, a city about 1 hour away from BA

Futboljunkie:

Time look over my options and be safe with my choice. I may be willing to tour outside the city, so that will open more games for me to go to.

Thanks - I have not done a lot of blogging before, but this has been very helpful to me.

Lance

Futboljunkie said:
Lance, if you want to go the Boca - River game you should calculate with 100 to 200 dollars. If you can afford it and really like soccer it will be worth every penny

Lanus and Indep play at home that weekend, they are both in the provincia you can go there but it's just different and a little bit more dangerous if you dont know the country and/or the language

San Lorenzo play at home as well and close to the stadium it's safe(lot of police) but just across the street there is a very dangerous slum. Huracan is in the Parque Patricios neibourghood, and in general it's not that dangerous. Argentinos plays the Paternal neibourghood, and you wont find many foreigners there but in general it's not that dangerous. Just make sure that you stay close to the crowds after the game and flag down a cab down in one of the major avenues

Gimnasia play in La Plata, a city about 1 hour away from BA

Back