Sold Real Estate in Argentina- how to get money to USA

RedBird

Registered
Hello, I'm trying to help a friend. My US friend advised he sold property in Argentina and trying to get the money to USA bank. What is the best way to do this?

Any cueva would be happy to change your cash dollars to crypto and your friend will make 1-2% on the transaction.

Hello, I'm trying to help a friend. My US friend advised he sold property in Argentina and trying to get the money to USA bank. What is the best way to do this?
Can the buyer wire the money in usd to the sellers account outside Argentina? Thats what I have done in the past

Can the buyer wire the money in usd to the sellers account outside Argentina? Thats what I have done in the past
The buyer is claiming he can't because of the currency crisis. It sounds weird to me.

Can you explain how this works? I'm also looking for ways to get my USD out of the country
You go to a cueva, you hand them cash dollars (we'll say 10k). Cash dollars trade at a premium, so they will give you say 10,150 USDT. You can then send the USDT online to a cryptocurrency exchange in your country (Example : in the US Coinbase), pay the exchange a 0.25% fee (so roughly $25 USD) and they then transfer dollars to your bank account.

The buyer is claiming he can't because of the currency crisis. It sounds weird to me.
Anything involving banks and dollars here is taking a big risk that things get pesified at the official rate somehow, meaning losing 25%, so I probably wouldn't want anything to do with the bank either.

Anything involving banks and dollars here is taking a big risk that things get pesified at the official rate somehow, meaning losing 25%, so I probably wouldn't want anything to do with the bank either.
Indeed if you don't know what you are doing or you cannot speak the language it could happen. I don't know anyone first hand who got anything pesified at any point in time. Banks charge the lowest fees but you need to have an account denominated in dollars and prove the source of funds, taxes paid, etc. If you cannot do that, your best bet is a trustworthy financiera that will do this for a higher fee and you will get the money in your account within hours.

Back