Soldiers who should face a firing squad before they die of natural causes

Bajo_cero2 said:
C

And before that the military were doing terrorist action during democracy to stop the trials. They were putting bombs at primary schools, iunion s and human rights leaders s houses.

Regards

By the way.. during democracy the guerrilleros also held terrorist attacks... and tried to make it look as a carapintada attack
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_attack_on_La_Tablada_Regiment

To Matt :
I dug up the source.
His name is Robert Potash . Aparrently he is the cats meow when it comes to the history of argentinas' mlitary.
Id love to get my hands on some public domain material he may have written.

cuore said:
By the way.. during democracy the guerrilleros also held terrorist attacks... and tried to make it look as a carapintada attack
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_attack_on_La_Tablada_Regiment

And they were prosecuted, sentenced and jailed.

While state terrorist were doing those bombing at primary schools to stop the trials and to escape from justice.

So, this is not a debate about who is worst or somebody is devil and someother the saints.

The military didn t save this country, in fact, they destroyed it.

Regards

They destroyed it in many ways , What we are living now is the overcompensation of what they did , the other extreme. Plice dont execute the rule of law bacause they fear prosecution. A minor can murder knowing he will escape encarceration.

Bajo_cero2 said:
And they were prosecuted, sentenced and jailed.

While state terrorist were doing those bombing at primary schools to stop the trials and to escape from justice.

So, this is not a debate about who is worst or somebody is devil and someother the saints.

The military didn t save this country, in fact, they destroyed it.

Regards

Really?? Weren't the carapintadas prosecuted, sentenced and jailed and then pardoned by Menem just as the rest?

I'm not trying to point out devils and saints but it seems you've already made up your mind

random said:
I disagree. I don't think those trials serve any useful purpose, except the cynical political purpose of distracting people from all the problems that should be dealt with (eg, crime, inflation, poverty, etc.).

Argentina focuses too much on the past.

Correcting one's mistake is a important step in looking into the future.

Some time ago an Argentinean lady I know was complaining to me about the present government (the national pass-time) and then she said, "And now they want to put on trial all those old men. Eighty-year-old men!"
I suspect that that is a common though perhaps not prevelant (and oftentimes unexpressed) point-of-view here. I've read echoes of it written in this thread. So what's my point? My point is that they must have experienced something very ugly in order to defend those monsters; that perhaps in some strange way they blame the excesses of the insurgents for the reaction, even the overreation, of the authorities. And as guests of these much-abused people we should restrain our righteous indignation.

well , i cant get into the heads of those people.
I do often ponder the following.
Lets say we take the large number estimate of 30,000 folks killed.
Ok , then m this is what outrages me :
If the present democracy was paid for with the lives of 30,000, Is govorning in the corrupt manner they are governing they way they show respect for those folks ?
30,000 people were butchered so these politicos can screw around the way they are screwing around ? They died so there can be a corrupt elite political class ?

Ah, con razón. Ahora entiendo porque no parás de decir tantas estupideces. Sos un zurdito revolucionario pro guerrilla y bien Argentino.

A vos te importan mucho los derechos humanos que te vienen bien. Los asesinatos de gente inocente de mano de la guerilla para vos fueron actos heroicos. ¿ No es cierto soldado revolucionario ?

Ya las van a pagar. Y gracias a Dios que gobiernan estos ineptos, hipócritas, ladrones zoeretes con patas. Nada mejor para que pinten de cuerpo entero y dejen en evidencia lo que son, solitos se van quemando . Tiempo al tiempo, todo lo que hicieron y están haciendo lo van a pagar.

Chau che guevara anoréxico. Y disfrutala mientras dure.

¿ Sos de la cxampora también ?

Bajo_cero2 said:
Well, no offense but you seems to be missinformated.

The research about what happend shows that they killed and kidnapped many busisness men just to robb their assets.

They did the same with many people, Estela de Carloto included. They were criminals and they behave like criminals.

What about the kidnapped babies? They sold them.

They also raped female and pregnant prisioners and cut their genitals (Masacre de Margarita Belen).

Don t forget the torture to men and pregnant women.

And, of course, the hidden assesination with Videla saying on national TV that there weren t desaparecidos, thet they are in Cuba or Paris.

So, yes, they are criminal and they deserve to be in Jail.

I guess that people didn t take justice by their own hands because this is precisely what happend during the 70 s and everybody was tired about political violence. And everybody wanted justice, and they finally found it.

Regards

Yes, they care more about what happened 35 years ago.

But this is no compensation. They couldn't care less about human rights, etc. just their rights. What you just said is the proof.

They were defeated then and now it's time for revenge, that's what this is all about. They failed turning this country into something like Cuba, now it's their time.

Again, this "juventud idealista" from the 70s had absolutely no respect for life, they MURDERED ALL innocent people. Didn't matter if it was a man, woman, kid or a baby.

They should all be hanged, but instead they preach about human rights and democracy. Just hilarious-

Fabe said:
They destroyed it in many ways , What we are living now is the overcompensation of what they did , the other extreme. Plice dont execute the rule of law bacause they fear prosecution. A minor can murder knowing he will escape encarceration.

Back