Solitary Vacation -- Ideas?

mimyr

Registered
I need a vacation soon. I've been doing two jobs for the past two months, and we're finally hiring a replacement for the 2nd position I was covering. So I'd like to go on vacation in early October. Now I've requested a week that corresponds with the Cordoba Oktoberfest, but I dunno, is that something worth going to without friends?

Otherwise, ideas of what to do in October? I'm trying to keep the budget fairly small. Ideally around the $2000 point, but I still don't know how realistic that is. I live in Capital, so it'd have to be something within bus distance from here. Also, nothing across the border. My friends at migraciones might want to send me on a more permanent vacation than I intended.

I need a vacation soon. I've been doing two jobs for the past two months, and we're finally hiring a replacement for the 2nd position I was covering. So I'd like to go on vacation in early October. Now I've requested a week that corresponds with the Cordoba Oktoberfest, but I dunno, is that something worth going to without friends?

Otherwise, ideas of what to do in October? I'm trying to keep the budget fairly small. Ideally around the $2000 point, but I still don't know how realistic that is. I live in Capital, so it'd have to be something within bus distance from here. Also, nothing across the border. My friends at migraciones might want to send me on a more permanent vacation than I intended.

How about Sierra de la Ventana? Off-season in a quiet village, nearby hiking trails, even a winery now. Alternatively, Tandil is a bit more urbanized, but has some very picturesque aspects to it.

How about Sierra de la Ventana? Off-season in a quiet village, nearby hiking trails, even a winery now. Alternatively, Tandil is a bit more urbanized, but has some very picturesque aspects to it.

That sounds really nice, I'll check it out, thanks. Tandil looks a bit flat. I'm interested in things like hiking, maybe cycling (if I can rent a bike -- I own one, but I assume I can't take it with me), or some sort of organized tours so Sierra de la Ventana would probably be the preferred option.

Merlo is said to be beautiful.

Villa de Merlo? It's about as far as Cordoba, so that's an option. Considering I'd be gone for a week, a 10-12 hour bus ride isn't the end of the world.

That sounds really nice, I'll check it out, thanks. Tandil looks a bit flat. I'm interested in things like hiking, maybe cycling (if I can rent a bike -- I own one, but I assume I can't take it with me), or some sort of organized tours so Sierra de la Ventana would probably be the preferred option.

Villa de Merlo? It's about as far as Cordoba, so that's an option. Considering I'd be gone for a week, a 10-12 hour bus ride isn't the end of the world.

Tandil has surrounding hills, though not so high as Sierra de la Ventana, and lots of mountain bikers go there. Merlo is also really attractive and, at this time of year, not so overrun as it is in summer.

I thought Tandil has hills and people hike up for the views/ outdoorsness?

I'm from California. Would I consider them mountains or hills?

I am also from (Northern) California, and I would consider Tandilia to be hills. Ventania is definitely more mountainous, but neither has a close California counterpart in terms of geomorphology.

Back