Some advice in salary package please

Keep in mind that the rent here for most places is set in $USD, so make sure you salary is set to the USD/ or paid in your own currency, as the peso fluctuates incredibly - and isn't worth a lot. My advice is if you can paid in foreign currency and into foreign bank account - take it!! repatriating funds from here is not to easy either.

Make sure they pay all expatriation costs (moving/ insurance/ deposit/ first months rent + or temp hotel stay while looking for apartment - and that they will be guarantor or any apartment you find, insurance etc.).

Good luck, M

Hi Guys, you don't know how much your comments have helped me in the talks with my company, so first round when I get there is mine :) I will hopefully get the flat, the car, insurance and the cost of taking all the household there...... BUT,.... the fact that my wife won't be working makes me worse off than staying here in London. How difficult is it to find a job for women out there ?? Thanks

The cost for taking household goods is more than just the transport of said, you will need to bond those goods, ie duties, sometimes returnable [but those rules change weekly]. Your wife will not have an easy time finding work in "blanco". Make sure the corporate attornies are obligated to get your DNIs and or work visas ASAP and company paid.
The company car is a throw-away in your negotiations. Cars are not truely needed unless your work requires that you move around allot during the day. But the company support for the rental of a house is an absolute deal killer. Don't move without it.
Make sure the work contract provides for your return to the UK. Many things could happen that would leave you here, unsupported.
If you have children, make sure that their tuition to private school is covered.
ie Lincoln, BAICA, St Andrews and or etc.
Other than these few details, you will be fine.

Back