Some hero breaks Berlusconi's nose

I've heard from native Italian that Berluskoni is a merger with mafioso structures. Just like Russian Government merged with criminals in 1989.

pikto99 said:
I've heard from native Italian that Berluskoni is a merger with mafioso structures. Just like Russian Government merged with criminals in 1989.

Well all governments are in a way like the mafia. Although Berlusconi's government actually has ties to crime syndicates. He owns most of the media in Italy and always gets away with breaking the law.

While I disapprove of violence, and do not call this guy a "hero", I find it amusingly ironic that what he did, literally, was throw the catholic church into Berlisconi's face.
The weapon was a model of the Duomo, the main catholic cathedral in Milan.

Was this then, a religious condemnation of Berlisconi's womanizing, secular ways?

Power has always been a strong attractive feature for the beautiful sex, Berlusconi doesnt need to look for intimate offers, they come naturally, like for Mitterand or Clinton.

But the guy is so unpopular outside of his borders that this punch in the face must have been a true release for many, just like the shoe in the face of Bush Junior. So many dreamt about it.

He will certainly use this to victimize himself and get more popular to Italians eyes.

Well, that shoe did not help Bush. And amusingly again, he don't give a shit about it. How many years no US President hasn't been shot since brothers Kennedy? What is this tell us?

Pikto, your history is a bit weak.

Reagan was shot.
Gerald Ford was shot at.
A guy shot at the White House, thinking he saw Clinton, and another guy flew an airplane at the White House, trying to hit Clinton. He missed, and hit the lawn, and died.
Nutcases with guns have been arrested trying to kill virtually every american president since Kennedy.
Bush Senior was almost blown up visiting Kuwait.

Basically, someone, somewhere, is always planning on killing the president of the US, including a few right now...

So what this tells us is that the Secret Service does a pretty good job.

And the Italian equivalent probably does too. If this guy had a Beretta, instead of a scale model of the Duomo, its extremely unlikely he would have gotten that close to Berlisconi.

Berlisconi is not universally popular in Italy- lots and lots of people dont like him. Just like any politician, especially rich fat cat politicians who seem to buy their way into office, anywhere in the world.
So attacks like this tell us nothing new.

I am more interested in the recent testimony in the criminal trial in Sicily, where former mobsters are talking about Berlisconi's government, and its deals with the Comorra and other criminal gangs in Italy.
That could prove to be a whole lot more painful to him than a model church was...

Oh No! Didn't he just get his nose done?? He'll have to have it done again.

Reagan was shot.
Gerald Ford was shot at.
A guy shot at the White House, thinking he saw Clinton, and another guy flew an airplane at the White House, trying to hit Clinton. He missed, and hit the lawn, and died.

I think my English semantics were weak, not info. I meant shot to death. All the rest of these clowns were shot to "show-off" the "strong opposition". When real "guys" would deside to stop someone - they will NEVER MISS. Check the facts.

Back