Some non-essential stores reopen for business in BA

I live opposite the Rosedal. Today have observed a few too many people out taking the piss. Parents walking their children. Old people walking through the park. Groups of friends out for a stroll. Young people sunbathing. Cyclists. Even some runners around the lake.

Give them an inch....
We first need to get over this overly individualistic culture of ours if we are going to get over this virus.
Give them an inch....I take 2-hr walks every weekday for exercise and grocery shopping following the quarantine guidelines in CABA....by myself, 2 meters apart and always wearing a mask. So I would be the last person to criticize. But if the loosening of the regulations set us back, what next?

Give them an inch....I take 2-hr walks every weekday for exercise and grocery shopping following the quarantine guidelines in CABA....by myself, 2 meters apart and always wearing a mask. So I would be the last person to criticize. But if the loosening of the regulations set us back, what next?

The problem with this is that it starts with someone taking a walk every day. Someone sees this and thinks they can do they same, only they go via the park. Another person sees this and thinks “well if others are in the park... I can go running” and from there it all falls to pieces as people realize there is no real enforcement of the rules and when the government see this, we end up back at square one.

Excercise and recreation are definitely not part of the flexibilización yet in CABA. Too many people circulating needlessly or recklessly, infection rate increases, the longer we remain in a state of lockdown.

Seems you would be a person to criticize if you follow the guidelines of mask and physical distance.
Hopefully the government and the police will crack down on the streets against offenders. In Recoleta I've yet to see the police move on anyone. Although apparently they're tough on people in cars.

The problem with this is that it starts with someone taking a walk every day. Someone sees this and thinks they can do they same, only they go via the park. Another person sees this and thinks “well if others are in the park... I can go running” and from there it all falls to pieces as people realize there is no real enforcement of the rules and when the government see this, we end up back at square one.

Excercise and recreation are definitely not part of the flexibilización yet in CABA. Too many people circulating needlessly or recklessly, infection rate increases, the longer we remain in a state of lockdown.
I live in Caballito....the 2 large fenced parks near my house are closed. I have yet to see runners out and about. Only persons wearing masks in line 2 meters apart at banks, pharmacies, chain supermarkets and veggie/fruit stores. A municipal police person is posted at every corner after 8:00am.

Last edited:

Before you know it, YOU HAVE FREEDOM!

I do understand what you meant in your post.

My point of view is that this all has been taken too far. I know people are dying from this, but it really isn't a whole lot different than the principle of natural selection. The fittest survive. I'll take my chances thank you very much. I'd rather die than be stripped of my freedom.

I live in Caballito....the 2 large fenced parks near my house are closed. I have yet to see runners out and about. Only persons wearing masks in line 2 meters apart at banks, pharmacies, chain supermarkets and veggie/fruit stores. A municipal police person is posted at every corner after 8:00am.

Much better behaved than Palermo! Here it’s almost anything goes topped off with a hint of this “we are rich and well connected so we can’t get sick and don’t need to follow rules” attitude. Every morning outside my local bakery it’s like a social club gathering... maybe that’s why we are one of the most “infected” neighborhoods in CABA...?

I do understand what you meant in your post.

My point of view is that this all has been taken too far. I know people are dying from this, but it really isn't a whole lot different than the principle of natural selection. The fittest survive. I'll take my chances thank you very much. I'd rather die than be stripped of my freedom.
Get back to us when you're on your death bed.

Get back to us when you're on your death bed.
I really meant it. And to be honest, I am not trying to expose myself to the virus, but I am very confident my immune system would be up to the task.

I am in great health. Have no pre existing conditions. In great shape, eat a healthy diet live a healthful life with plenty of exercise and rest.

I don't think the virus would kill me. (Don't want to find out either.)

But, it is my opinion that most of the deaths are people who are substandard in health / condition to begin with.

I really don't know? It's merely an opinion. I have no science or stats on this one to back me up???

You and everyone can do as they please. I just want to be free to live my life as I see fit to do so.

Back