Something to make you laugh

perry

Registered
I got this mail today and burst out laughing.

Hello,

I am Fernando Joe.Please I write to you with a good and honest intention
for you to help me out,I am here in Malaga spain Europe. My father was
poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outings on a
business trip in Greece.
My mother died when I was a baby and since then my father took me so special.
Before the death of my father on in a private hospital in spain he
secretly called me on his bed side and told me that he has the sum (25.5
MILLION EUROS) left in fixed / suspense account on my name in a SECURITY
COMPANY IN London Uk.
He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was
poisoned by His business associates. That I should seek for a foreign partner if from united state or any country of my choice where I will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose such as real estate management or hotel management.

I am honourably seeking your assistance in the following ways:

(1) To serve as a guardian of this fund and advice me the best way to
invest this money.

(2) To Contact The Bank Foreign Remittance as my foreign partner who will receive the funds in your account via telegraphic telex transfer 48hrs.The Bank will send you a telegraphic form to fill to enable them to transfer the funds into your account peacefully and legitimate.

(3) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country as soon as the bank transfer the money to your account for me to further my
Education, I am willing to offer you a good percentage of 40% from the
total sum as for your effort/input after the successful transfer of this fund into your nominated account.

My uncle wants to kill me because of this certificate of deposits as he has
succeeded in collecting my entire father's property left behind. He and his
wife always punish me and have made life very difficult for me.please keep
this very secret.
His wife served me a poisoned rice meal on the 8th of Augt 2008, but for the divine mercy of God, her daughter secretly whispered to me not to eat the meal because there is poison in the rice. i wasted the meal to the bin only to find two dead rat on the bin the following morning and that made me to run away immediately hiding just to secure my life,
I believe that this transaction would be concluded within 4 days as the
Executive Bank Director assured me in the bank with honest and good mind peacefully and legitimate.i will send you the bank full contact details to contact them to enable them to send you all the documents and transfer telegraphic form to complete this transfer within 48hrs.

I Anticipating to hear from you soon.i also attch my ID and pictures for
you to know me more.

Best regards, my number is +225 47 33 91 08 email me urgent
[email protected]

Fernando Joe

You probably already know that these advance fee frauds are commonly called 419 scams after section 419 of the Nigerian penal code - where they first originated. More and more are coming from Spain and Eastern Europe these days but they are still the same fraud.

For anybody who has a sense of humour and waaaaaay too much time on their hands, it can be great fun seeing how far you can lead these guys on and how much money you can make them invest in you - without of course spending a centavo yourself. Google on phrases like '419 scam the scammer' to see how other people manage to do it and have a good laugh. I'm a rank amateur having only managed to keep a fraudser on 'the hook' for three exchanges of e-mails. Can anybody else do better?

More and more are coming from Spain and Eastern Europe these days but they are still the same fraud.

I have recieved over 1000 of these emails but funnily enough never once was it from Argentina. We have such a bad reputation worldwide but in the case of these letters this is not the case.

We one asked one to prove it was him by sending a pic of him in a green hat. However, he wouldn't send one wearing a dress.... :)

Do note that Fernando's telephone country code +225 is for Ivory Coast, and not Spain. :D Often they claim to be in Europe or next door, but they're usually somewhere in west africa where 419 is big business.

This is one of my faves:
http://www.419eater.com/

I actually had this attempted on me live face to face by a bunch of Nigerians in Benin, it was a fantastic evening's entertainment.

It is unbelievable how that same form letter continues to be circulated after so many years!! First it was a Nigerian guy and now it's a Spaniard.
I recently put an ad on Craigslist in the Bay Area in California to rent an apartment I own. Within a couple of days, I noticed another ad on CL that looked eerily like mine except that the rent was $700 less per month. The description was identical.. I clicked on the ad and lo and behold they had even put the photos I had taken of my place in THEIR ad!!
It turns out that it's another scam going around. They try to rent a place online (which they don't own) and get the potential tenant to mail a check or wire a deposit. They claim they are currently traveling and will tie everything up when they return.

Beware of scammers!!

I just saw the craigslist scam too!
A 2 bed apartment in palermo soho with no price. I haven't seen these CL scams before so thought it was worth asking about. The 6 paragraph-long answer told me that the 2-bed w/ private terrace apartment is $600 a month all bills included! Only a simple $1400 deposit upfront to reverend Ronny Gollob is needed. Unfortunately, Rev Ronny and his wife have just left BA for missionary work in the UK (?!) so can't show it to me, and their lawyer is out of town in Italy. So i can simply wire the deposit to him in the UK and he will either Fedex me the keys, or, fly over here himself within 24 hours. How nice!

The best news - he confirmed cats are allowed in the apartment ;)

I bet he'd allow elephants, too -- provided you send that $1,400 deposit.

Back