South America Visas

Samra2

Registered
Does having an argentina visa still require you to get one for uruguay or chile?
when i used to live in the USA, having a USA visa could get you in to mexico.
just wondering if the south american countries have such a pact?
thanks

Does having an argentina visa still require you to get one for uruguay or chile?

No, you need a visa each for each of the countries you plan to visit in South America.

http://en.wikipedia....banese_citizens

I am assuming you have a Lebanese passport, which I am sorry to say considered a Tier 4 passport on a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 being the best. You could travel to Ecuador without a visa and get a visa on arrival in Bolivia. For rest of the countries, you need a visa. Usually when one of the South American countries issue a visa, rest of the neighboring countries give you a visa more easily.

You could also try to arrive with just the Argentine visa stamped on yr passport. And then once here, try to get the other visas from respective embassies located in BA. However, their is a danger here, of being refused as they might tell you, "please go and apply in your home country."

A successful visa application greatly lies on your ties with your home country such as having family ( children/husband) back home and/or a permanent decently paying job and/or a personally owned property back home. All three combined is a very secure visa application.

Hope this helps.

No, you need a visa each for each of the countries you plan to visit in South America.

http://en.wikipedia....banese_citizens

I am assuming you have a Lebanese passport, which I am sorry to say considered a Tier 4 passport on a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 being the best. You could travel to Ecuador without a visa and get a visa on arrival in Bolivia. For rest of the countries, you need a visa. Usually when one of the South American countries issue a visa, rest of the neighboring countries give you a visa more easily.

You could also try to be arrive just on Argentine visa. And then once here, try to get the other visas from respective embassies located in BA. However, their is a danger here, of being refused as they might tell you, "please go and apply in your home country."

Hope this helps.

Thank you ceviche. and yes, what a great passport im blessed with.
no comment :D

Hello Samra2
I am Zouhair from Lebanon, I am trying to travel to Argentina and I noticed from your case that you were interested on applying to get the visa for this country.

I want to ask you if you can tell me about your experience in details and how did it end. I applied in the embassy of Argentina in Lebanon and my interview will be soon. Could you please inform me if you have any advices about the questions that are requested for this interview in order to be sure in getting the visa as I understood that you tried to get it. I will be glade if your send me your email if that is possible to have a chance to contact you directly.

Best regards
Zouhair

she has not been here since Jan 15. I think she never got the visa and never came here.

Could you please inform me if you have any advices about the questions that are requested for this interview in order to be sure in getting the visa

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]A successful visa application greatly lies on your ties with your home country such as having family ( children/wife) back home and/or a permanent decently paying job and/or a personally owned property back home. All three combined is a very secure visa application.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]If you do not have a job there or if you do not have a substantial money in your bank account - it would be tough for them to bite in to your story that you are going all the way to Argentina for tourism.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Recently there has been a influx of tourists from countries such as Ukraine, who come on tourism here with a tourist visa, but then they apply for "refugee status", once here citing problems back home...so Argentina embassy is obviously aware of all this.[/background]

Back