Spain vs Argentina - worth relocating?

I have seen more than one go there fail and come back. But as was said skilled labor is another story.

I have seen more than one go there fail and come back. But as was said skilled labor is another story.

Of course don't go to Spain if you need a job and don't have a good job offer. Again, whether one should or shouldn't go there depends on what a person wants out of life. If the culture, people, history, proximity to European capitals, superior infrastructure, food etc are appealing and you can support yourself, then go. If the aforementioned are not all that important, stay here.

As for Garryl's comment about Thailand -- I have no idea what expat life is like there. The Thai people seem very nice but their country is poor and has a (to me) dreadful, hot and humid climate so I have no interest in Thailand. If I were to go to Spain it wouldn't be to a community of Engish-speaking experts but rather I'd prefer to live among local people.

Highly subjective preferences aside, I see absolutely no reason to pick Argentina over Spain. Spain outperforms Argentina in literally anything I can think of. Nevermind that in spite of being badly hit by the 2008 crisis, it still was and is more than twice as rich as Argentina, and its recovering at a fast pace

If we could buy property there or had significant savings or had a support network then we would go in a heartbeat. We don't have any of these so we'd be starting from the very bottom - hence my concern.

Are these videos racists ... Give me your Poor, Give me your weak...

If we could buy property there or had significant savings or had a support network then we would go in a heartbeat. We don't have any of these so we'd be starting from the very bottom - hence my concern.

Yes and it would not be easy. But you would be doing it as an investment into the future and well-being of your kids. I have lived in Both ES and ARG. As someone mentioned it before, SP outperforms ARG on any health and psycho-social indicator of well-being. You would see this easily reflected in your daily living.

(I do not have children but if I did, and I had to start from zero to invest in their future and well-being, I would head to Scandinavia not Spain)

Out of curiosity: if you were to relocate, do you have a legal base for residing in Spain (you and/or your wife EU citizen?) or are you contemplating it hypothetically?

Yes and it would not be easy. But you would be doing it as an investment into the future and well-being of your kids. I have lived in Both ES and ARG. As someone mentioned it before, SP outperforms ARG on any health and psycho-social indicator of well-being. You would see this easily reflected in your daily living.

(I do not have children but if I did, and I had to start from zero to invest in their future and well-being, I would head to Scandinavia not Spain)

Out of curiosity: if you were to relocate, do you have a legal base for residing in Spain (you and/or your wife EU citizen?) or are you contemplating it hypothetically?

As an EUian, for now, getting residency in Spain is possible. Scandanavia isnt and besides - its cold there!

Back