Spanish classes for someone in their 60s?

Soozieloo

Registered
A bit of an unusual query but...
My mum is coming to visit for a few weeks to learn Spanish here in BA. Now I could sign her up for 20 hour/week classes with the ubiquitous private schools and she would get on fine, but I wondered if anyone has any tips for places that cater for the older student (bearing in mind that I felt rather 'mature' in my Spanish classes here at the age of 29!)

Any tips are welcome....

Has she ever taken before?

My old roommate's mother would take a week of classes every time she came to visit my roommate. Kind of a refresher course, so maybe with a personal tutor.

It was definitely at some place in Recoleta. I think kind of nearly Peña & Junin-ish. I can find out.

But let us know if it's her first time or if she's taken Spanish before.

Napoleon said:
Has she ever taken before?

My old roommate's mother would take a week of classes every time she came to visit my roommate. Kind of a refresher course, so maybe with a personal tutor.

It was definitely at some place in Recoleta. I think kind of nearly Peña & Junin-ish. I can find out.

But let us know if it's her first time or if she's taken Spanish before.
You may be thinking of CODE which is (was?) on Junin between Juncal and Arenales. I don't know if it's still there as I kind find it on line. I took classes there years ago and the staff were lovely.

She is basically a complete beginner, apart from the odd Spanish CD that she has listened to. She is quite keen to have group classes rather than one-to-one and I think at that level that it's also more productive, interesting and fun to do so.

Hello
I am Spanish Tutor. My name is Andrea and I use to teach people at every age. I just finished courses with 70s people. Please visit my website (spanishbuenosaires.weebly.com) and some reference about me here.

Back