Recommendations for Spanish classes, beginner

wschwaller

Registered
Hi everyone, My wife is going to be visiting me here for at least two months and we are looking for a good school or tutor that can give her beginning level Spanish lessons, that are also good on the practical, everyday conversational needs she will have. Thanks!

Jimbob

Registered
I had two hours with Lilia today but have not used the other.

I'm sure either will be good if recommended, I had two before which were awful then struck gold when I looked on here for advice.

Last edited:

Rich One

Registered
A word of advice some teachers pay to much attention to Grammar and verbs etc.

You should choose a teacher that can improve you spoken accent . So many students I have met here become good in reading and understanding spoken Spanish. However fail badly in communicating with the cab Driver or Butcher..!

Phonetics is the key , Anglo speakers have a Degree of difficulty to Reproduce Spanish Sounds...
How does one improve the Spanish/Argie Pronunciation?? For me its a mystery ..
I have failed teaching friends how to pronounce one single Spanish word?

Rich One

Registered
A word of advice some teachers pay to much attention to Grammar and verbs etc.

You should choose a teacher that can improve you spoken accent . So many students I have met here become good in reading and understanding spoken Spanish. However fail badly in communicating with the cab Driver or Butcher..!

Phonetics is the key , Anglo speakers have a Degree of difficulty to Reproduce Spanish Sounds...
How does one improve the Spanish/Argie Pronunciation?? For me its a mystery ..
I have failed teaching friends how to pronounce one single Spanish word?
If you are uncertain about this issue check how USA newscasters pronounce Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Name...!