Spanish Classes

cruizes

Registered
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Interested in a good Spanish 101 class. Preferably a small classroom of maximum 6 or so for a few months What can you recommend? Prices, dates etc.[/background]

Thanks for your email but I really am looking for a structured class. I feel that I can learn more. Also the group support is good for me. Please let me know what a the most popular schools are in BA. Thanks.

Are you looking for anything specific? I can give you a list of most popular, but it might be good to narrow it down by price, location, services, etc. If you want prices and dates, I feel like you can look that up yourself on the different website.

Popular Schools
  • Expanish - Big school in downtown area
  • Vamos Spanish Academy - Small school in Palermo
  • ECELA - Big school in Recoleta
  • COINED - Big school in downtown area
  • VOS - Small school in Recoleta (almost downtown)
  • Amauta - Medium school in Belgrano
  • DWS - Small school in Palermo
As you can see, there are lots of schools to choose from ;). Usually the smaller schools have a lower maximum (Vamos has 6, DWS has 5) while bigger schools like Expanish or COINED have bigger classes (8 or 9). The bigger schools would most likely have more activities and bigger/better facilities like student common rooms.

UBA also. All information avaialable via their website or by using the search function on this website.

Hint. I think you aren't getting too many replies as the information is already on this site. You just have to do a search.

I wouldn't go to Expanish, it has the most negative reviews (just an example, http://www.wordtravels.com/forum/discussion/6104/worst-spanish-school-in-buenos-aires-expanish-spanish-and-tefl/p1).

COINED and ECELA are pretty much the same, I know several students who were misplaced in groups that didn't match their Spanish levels, just because they didn't have a group of their level at the time (although they tell you they do before you pay, but right after you slide your credit card the smile wipes off their faces and they don't give a f**k about you).

I would go to a smaller school, these are usually the best and they are able to provide you with a more customized service, as it was mentioned above. I usually recommend BASP (www.baspanish.com) or Academia Buenos Aires (http://www.academiabuenosaires.com).

Der Achtundzwanzig, did you study at Expanish. I was there for six weeks and I thought the quality was excellent and the classes were really fun. It is intensive and you are expected to do you homework but I found it fun. I also liked the support staff as they were very helpful with day to day issues regarding living in Buenos Aires.

WindyCityJames, no, I didn't study at Expanish, but I know a lot of people who did, and they all ended up changing schools. Most expats I know would agree that a smaller school setting or private lessons provide better results if learning the language is your ultimate goal. If you are interested in other things such as socializing, that's a different story.

IMHO, I think that U$S 210 for one single week of Spanish in a group of 6-9 students is terribly overpriced. You can find a private tutor and learn twice as fast for half the price.

If you want a Spanish private teacher I seriously think my teacher is the best in Buenos Aires (have tried a few) and well worth every cent. You can PM me for details.

Back