Spanish "enrichment" classes for Pre School kids

ChooSoong

Registered
Hi! We've been in BA for 2 weeks now. Since school term starts only in March next year for my 3 and 5 year old, any one has any suggestion where I can have my kids attend Spanish classes and also mix with locals or expat children?

Is Gymboree in Palermo something good for consideration?

Also, any Pre School playground we can join? We'll be moving to Belgrano R in the next week or so.

Thanks.

haha! I am sorry, I opened your thread when I saw enrichment because I thought it was going to be a clever joke having to do with wine and boliches....but, no.

Sorry, I do not have a specific place, but I used to be a primary school foreign language teacher. I would say FORGET about the Spanish CLASSES. Your kids are still at an age where they can absorb a language; children do not learn a language like adults, young adults, or teens.

This is a WONDERFUL opportunity for them. If you are going to be here a while, get them into any regular daily pre-schooling program ASAP where they are constantly surrounded by their peers and don't have to rely on you. You can't lose as long as it is fun and a positive environment where they want to be and can meet friends their age!

Don't worry they can communicate 0 now; they will eventually learn! It's an incredibly beautiful thing how children's brains learn language!! What an awesome experience you are giving your kids who will soon be medio porteños. Suerte!

Thinking about it more, get your kids into little kid "exercise" classes, something with movement, maybe that is what Gymboree is, I don't know! They simply imitate the instructor:

"Put your hands in the air up high, higherrr, greeeaaatt!!. Touch your toes. Now, let's spin round and round and run to the elephant." You get the idea! : ) It is fun but most importantly provides IMMEDIATE visual feedback into this Spanish world; they only have to immediate and they are doing MUY BIEN!

Back