Spanish evening/part time course?

elhombresinnombre

Registered
kds2931 said:
This is what I have given my students for years to use. I trust it and it's a very great learning program that I see improvement from my students every year.:) Check them out today
(URL deleted)

Erme...... IKID but do you know where that url leads?

elhombresinnombre

Registered
RWS said:
What can I say? I was diligent (yes, I had the advantage of having partly grown up in France) and perhaps have a facility with language. But, as I mentioned, the fast learner certainly surpassed me -- briefly even had one of my Argentine cousins thinking that he was a native speaker.

More important than the speed, I think, is the thoroughness with which the language is learned. Spanish definitely can be learned thoroughly and is not so daunting as many another language.

I find your ability to learn Spanish so speedily to be completely - and frustratingly - believable. Some people can, some can't. I once knew a native English speaker who soaked up Norwegian, then Welsh, then Spanish like blotting paper soaks up ink. Speaking as one of the one-step-forward-two-steps-back cohort, I'm madly jealous of you, RWS :)

Reactions: RWS

RWS

Registered
elhombresinnombre said:
I find your ability to learn Spanish so speedily to be completely - and frustratingly - believable. Some people can, some can't. I once knew a native English speaker who soaked up Norwegian, then Welsh, then Spanish like blotting paper soaks up ink. Speaking as one of the one-step-forward-two-steps-back cohort, I'm madly jealous of you, RWS :)
Well . . . thanks, "SinNombre". I'd posted on this not to draw attention to myself, but to encourage: if I can learn Spanish reasonably quickly, anyone resident in Argentina should be able to learn the language of the land. I confess to impatience with foreigners who move to a country, spend considerable time there, and make scant effort to adapt to its ways. But, then, I live in a country on the verge of collapse so perhaps have little more to say.

citygirl

Registered
Anyone can/should be able to learn Spanish. I think we're just pointing out that 3 months to be "fluent" is an outlier. A year is more accurate, with intensive study and practice (as in daily). Ad again, I would say at a year, most people if they are conversationally fluent, are in good shape. I don't know anyone here (including friends that are 100% fluent) who can "pass as Argentine", even after several years of living here. They are 100% fluent but still, the accent is something that is virtually impossible to overcome, especially if you learn Spanish, or any foreign language, as an adult.

Beckenstein83

Registered
I was hoping to get back to the question at hand, as I am working full time and would like a 1-2 hour class in the evening in a group.

Debster

Registered
I was hoping to get back to my original question as well... Does anyone know a good course?

cassiem13

Registered
I would like to find a good course and/or group or tutor, as well! Help, please...?