Spanish Grammar Book

Deniz Seker

Registered
I am looking forward to learn spanish, I have a friend who is going to teach me spanish so we need grammar book. I couldn't find out any today. They said only provider is language schools and they don't seel out. Someone has used all newbooks to sell or trade with something :)) thank you.

I am looking forward to learn spanish, I have a friend who is going to teach me spanish so we need grammar book. I couldn't find out any today. They said only provider is language schools and they don't seel out. Someone has used all newbooks to sell or trade with something :)) thank you.

Hi Deniz,
Suggest you go to Voces del Sur bookstore/libreria located at Azcuénaga 720, website www.vocesdelsur.com . They specialize in materials to learn/teach Español. They're a bit hard to find. There you will find a wide variety of grammar books to buy. My absolute favorite grammar book, which is compact, inexpensive, and includes full Argentine 'vos' conjugations, is "Gramatica de Español para Extranjeros, AADE Ediciones, M.Lucrecia Ochoa y Gabriela S. Rusell, 2007, ISBN 978-987-23928-0-2". Unfortunately it may be out of print, but you should nonetheless ask for it when/if you visit.
Suerte!
-Jim

Hi Deniz, I was actually left with a couple of grammar books when a friend of mine left when she went back home. They're just sitting on my shelf taking up space really, so you're more than welcome to them if you still need one.

Oxford Spanish Grammar
Larousse Conjucación
Larrouse Gramática
Larousse Ortografía

Shout if you (or anyone else) is interested. Free to a good home

Hi Ms Palermo ,

I am glad to take one of them. Can you just tell me that where and when may I pick them up ? (In PM please)

Depending on your current level in Spanish, there's a book that I used at times. Spanish, just like any other language, has rules and then random exceptions to those rules. Not just with irregular verbs, but syntax, and ideas that simply don't translate (for example, saying "Tengo una amiga vieja" is NOT the same as "Tengo una vieja amiga").

Check out this book, "1001 Pitfalls in Spanish"
http://www.amazon.com/1001-Pitfalls-Spanish-Marion-Holt/dp/0764143476/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358545910&sr=8-1&keywords=1001+pitfalls+in+spanish

It has more than one edition, I believe, since it's been around for a while. It's a very good resource and pretty inexpensive (FYI- There's a Kindle version on Amazon of this book for US$7.50).

The only thing to remember is that this book has "Español" in mind, but not Castellano. How helpful you find this book to be depends in part if you plan on using the language principally in Argentina or elsewhere in the Spanish-speaking world. In any case, it's still a very helpful resource!

I have a book called "Spanish and English Grammar Side by Side" - I can give it to you if you want. I've been meaning to get rid of it.

Back