Spanish Influencer Blasts Argentina Roads

The amount of attention that Argentinians give to "Influencing" foreigners is insane to me.

Just as insane is how much the right wing loves it. They can't get enough of foreigners, especially from the "first world", talking down on their country.

Someone could stand in the middle of a Milei or Juntos event, scream "The Falklands are English!", and the anti-Argentina brigades of the Argentinian right wing would lap it up.
Calm down, take your meds and get plenty of rest. You'll be fine tomorrow morning.

The way i see it, this wasn't about the roads but about having an opportunity to speak against peronismo.
I'm sure you never get a flat tire in Europe and the Whole territory of Spain has cell coverage......
Not defending peronistas or the shape the roads are , but to me it is pretty obvious this woman had a bone to pick about something else...
An internet influencer lives for attention.

An internet influencer lives for attention.

They are attention whores, that's for sure.

The way i see it, this wasn't about the roads but about having an opportunity to speak against peronismo.
I'm sure you never get a flat tire in Europe and the Whole territory of Spain has cell coverage......
Not defending peronistas or the shape the roads are , but to me it is pretty obvious this woman had a bone to pick about something else...

And, as usual, mc kenna puts his finger right on the crux of the issue.
Well said.

She might be right but the way she's expressing it is disrespectful and entitled, i'm a bit ashamed of her to be honest. I'm Spanish myself , Spanish roads are quite good in Europe if you compare them for example to Italy. Both get funds from theEU but the level of corruption is difference, I believe the more corrupt a country is , the worst infrastructure it will have (road, ports, public transport) . Spain's road weren't that good before it joined the EU so I don't know why she's having such a rant. I believe Argentina is getting better every year, and in it's in the path of progress, in terms of road expansion and maintenance. Also when it comes to phone coverage, you have to understand the population density. If coverage is so important to you, hmmm just get a satellite phone.

She might be right but the way she's expressing it is disrespectful and entitled, i'm a bit ashamed of her to be honest. I'm Spanish myself , Spanish roads are quite good in Europe if you compare them for example to Italy. Both get funds from theEU but the level of corruption is difference, I believe the more corrupt a country is , the worst infrastructure it will have (road, ports, public transport) . Spain's road weren't that good before it joined the EU so I don't know why she's having such a rant. I believe Argentina is getting better every year, and in it's in the path of progress, in terms of road expansion and maintenance. Also when it comes to phone coverage, you have to understand the population density. If coverage is so important to you, hmmm just get a satellite phone.

Population density is an issue, for sure. Santa Cruz, for example, has a population density of about 1.3 people per square kilometer. It's actually the second largest province by area, (~244K sq km), with a relatively small population of only 333K people.

La Pampa and Chubut are both just over 2.5 people per sq km. CABA, by extreme contrast, has a population density of well over 15K people per sq km

If you're really interested, there's a nice page at-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provinces_of_Argentina
If you hit PageDown three times, there's a chart of the 23 provinces plus CABA, with seven clickable/sortable columns, so you can sort by area or population or density, etc

Last edited:
Population density is an issue, for sure. Santa Cruz, for example, has a population density of about 1.3 people per square kilometer. It's actually the second largest province by area, (~244K sq km), with a relatively small population of only 333K people.

La Pampa and Chubut are both just over 2.5 people per sq km. CABA, by extreme contrast, has a population density of well over 15K people per sq km

If you're really interested, there's a nice page at-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provinces_of_Argentina
If you hit PageDown three times, there's a chart of the 23 provinces plus CABA, with seven clickable/sortable columns, so you can sort by area or population or density, etc

If you go to extremes like Santa Cruz o Tierra del Fuego it's true ?. I gave examples of Provincia de Buenos Aires 100 kms from BA. Who knows what the mobile coverage in Spain is today? Is Spain a Reference..?

We need to discuss the FACTS , independently of who said it (a woman sexist), where she comes from? if better or worse then Argentina ?. If He/she came from Haiti then Argentina would be far superior? No right to criticize?

Well without comparing with to countries.

Look at Ruta, 5 provincia BA, doble mano , very dangerous , many many deaths. the project to make it a freeway up to Chivilcoy, started with Nestor still under construction... Between Suipacha and Chivilcoy 10 km without mobile signal . As she noted.

As she said, many many areas between towns 300 kms , not a soul. San Luis to Mendoza border.. Also THAT station may be waiting for the gas truck to arrive..?
If your car breaks and you are hood up at the roadside , your life is in danger..?

Just saying..!
Was just driving on that ruta 5 yesterday… ufff!
I regularly drive a motorbike through acceso oeste and other parts of the provincia and 100% am more concerned about safety and potholes, other cars maintenance or lack thereof, if the awkwardly loaded truck ahead of me actually knows that that bridge clearance they re driving towards at 120km/hf is 1 meter lower than the height of their truck etc etc than about some robbery.
Whilst on topic of driving, I did a licence upgrade a few months ago and couldn’t believe how basic the theory exam is. I actually got in trouble for laughing out loud at the ‘Is it allowed to have a person seating between the wheel and the conductor’ question. Anyone else experienced this? And the pile of ‘failed’ exams was pretty damn high!

Was just driving on that ruta 5 yesterday… ufff!
I regularly drive a motorbike through acceso oeste and other parts of the provincia and 100% am more concerned about safety and potholes, other cars maintenance or lack thereof, if the awkwardly loaded truck ahead of me actually knows that that bridge clearance they re driving towards at 120km/hf is 1 meter lower than the height of their truck etc etc than about some robbery.
Whilst on topic of driving, I did a licence upgrade a few months ago and couldn’t believe how basic the theory exam is. I actually got in trouble for laughing out loud at the ‘Is it allowed to have a person seating between the wheel and the conductor’ question. Anyone else experienced this? And the pile of ‘failed’ exams was pretty damn high!

‘Is it allowed to have a person seating between the wheel and the conductor’ question?

Seating on the conductor's lap ? While the vehicle is in motion?

Last edited:
‘Is it allowed to have a person seating between the wheel and the conductor’ question?

Seating on the conductor's lap ? While the vehicle is in motion?
Can’t remember the exact wording in Spanish but yes that was the idea: Testing knowledge on whether a kid or whoever could be seated between a motorbike driver and the wheel (or like the ‘family car’ scooters with mum, dad and junior on it). And yes in motion.
My favourite part was still the psych exam where I had to draw a tree, a house and a person. I can proudly say I successfully passed the psych exam.

Can’t remember the exact wording in Spanish but yes that was the idea: Testing knowledge on whether a kid or whoever could be seated between a motorbike driver and the wheel (or like the ‘family car’ scooters with mum, dad and junior on it). And yes in motion.
Well, didn't mention if the person, seating on the lap, was facing front or back..! and if parked it's different issue..?

Back