Spanish lessons - An alternative to UBA

klom

Registered
Hi there, I just realised that I missed the UBA start date of when their Spanish lessons started and next batch commence in October. Does anyone have any suggestions of where one could study Spanish in the next few weeks without paying loads of money?

I could be wrong but I think I was told that the aforementioned institution was subsidized to mainly help the disadvantaged newly arrived immigrants. If anyone knows better, please correct me in terms of this ethical problem. In terms of registration, you would have to go to their office to see their exam dates for different levels (on the second floor posted outside of the office) and then do the inscription just like the UBA.

Also take a look at this thread http://baexpats.org/expat-life/1067...ying-taking-spanish-classes-expensive-ba.html AADE and IULM probably both have spaces available. If not, go buy a textbook directly from the UBA (you can buy it directly in front of the laboratory) and maybe hire a private tutor for a few hours a week. This can be quite cost effective if you are disciplined and are willing to do a lot of self-study. Best wishes

UBA site is now saying that the inscripciones are still on until the 20th of august. Not sure whether it is just for some languages or for all. See http://www.idiomas.filo.uba.ar/index_html

Checked the page today because I had a message in my voicemail that the course I wanted to do is cancelled due to lack of participants and that I should come to get my money back :-(
(was: español en los negocios)

klom said:
Hi there, I just realised that I missed the UBA start date of when their Spanish lessons started and next batch commence in October. Does anyone have any suggestions of where one could study Spanish in the next few weeks without paying loads of money?

What's your price range/level/amount of weekly hours you want to study?

Hi there, sorry for the late reply to the previous posts. My budget is limited so cheap as possible. Ironically I am working in a famous language company however their prices are very high so all my salary plus some would go to them. Thanks again for all the suggestions, I'm now starting to go through all my options.

On the topic of the UBA: I was at the office for the refund. Told me it takes 2 months and I have to come again personally after that time. They assumed that I won´t be able to do that and tried to convince me to switch to another course. Paid with credit card, so I informed the issuer of my card about it. Now I am waiting. Fortunately I´ll still be there in 2 months. Nevertheless, think twice whether you really want to go to the UBA. I did not expect that from them.

Hey everyone, there's a new site called www.learnalengua.com that is a sort of facebook for language tutors/learners in BA. It's pretty new, but has a bunch of tutors signed up. They all post their qualifications, price per hour, availability and where they're willing to meet up. You could search for spanish tutors and then contact them directly through the site (kind of like facebook messaging). I hope that helps!

Back