Spanish Lessons Required

adaminuk

Registered
Hi all,

I am new to Buenos Aires, I have moved here with my partner and I am hoping to improve my Spanish during my stay here. I unfortunately only speak a handful of vowels and am looking for a course to start asap.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? It doesn't need to be a one on one, it can be a class, and not crazy expensive either thanks.

Adam Groenewegen

I tried several private tutors and schools before I found Expansish on Perón at Maipú. I was impressed with the school. I thought the extra programs were outstanding and I found the teaching to be excellent. My private lessons were my favorite part. I didn't like having classes five days a week for 4 hours in the AM, they also offer the same schedule in the afternoon based on enrollment, so the private lessons worked well for me. I had my class from 1400-1600 five days a week. One of the teachers, Pablo, became a good friend of mine as well.

UBA offer courses, I used them and found them useful. Location is not the nicest in microcentre but is accessible via subte linea D and is walkable from San Telmo.

Price changes if you return to do more than one course or have a DNI.

Better than the course itself is the fact that there are formal exams (uba is university of buenos aires) which for my money look better on your cv than attendance at a private language school. Might be misguided, but that was advice I got.

Good luck. Be patient ...not just with the language!

I can't say enough great things about Adriana Crom. Studying Spanish with her changed my whole experience of life in BA. She teaches out of her central and quiet apartment in Recoleta, and her one on one prices were less expensive than the school
I tried out. Her number is 4814-0792 and email is [email protected]. Good luck!

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Anyone looking for a reasonably priced, excellent Spanish teach MUST try ADRIANA CROM. I have been working with her twice a week since February of 2012 and she is wonderful. Tons of expats who come on this site have used her and everyone likes her very much.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Her schedule is very flexible and she is easily accessible in Recoleta. Besides her incredibly reasonable prices, she really knows what she's doing. She has 30 years teaching experience and can help everyone from absolute beginners to advanced, fluent speakers who would like to practice speaking more colloquially. Definitely worth reaching out to her for one lesson to see if it will work for you. First one is free:)[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]It's not an intensive course, but those are not very successful. Reach out to her and let her know what you/ your friend is looking for![/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Her email is [email protected] or [email protected] as mentioned in the post above.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Sara[/background]

One prominent Spanish school charges upfront. They have a demanda against them for not paying rent for quite a number
of months. If you´d like to know the name of the school before you pay, please send me a Personal Message.

Always looks for yr own spanish teacher. Try to avoid highly promoted teachers by other gringos as they will probably be over priced.

Back