Spanish Schools (VOS vs Expanish vs Vamos)

eva_rgentina

Registered
Hi everyone,

I've been reading and searching through the forum and the web, trying to decide which Spanish school to go to, but the wealth of information is overwhelming!
I'm coming to Buenos Aires and I want to take a intensive course for the first two weeks.
What I'm looking for: a nice school in a nice, bright building (WiFi!), with great classes, and an engaged social framework for meeting people and activities.
From what I've read on the forum, these seem to be the schools that fit that description:
Expanish
VOS
Vamos Spanish Academy
If anyone has anything good or bad to say about these schools, please speak up! Of course other recommendations are welcome too.

Thank you!
 

jeninba

Registered
Eva_rgentina, just saw your post and had to respond. My husband and I arrived in BA about a month and a half ago and are in our 5th week of classes at Vamos - we love it! We spent a good amount of time researching different Spanish schools in the area after we arrived - read about probably 10 different schools online and visited 3 in person before we decided (expanish, IBL and Vamos). We chose Vamos because (1) it was in Palermo and much more convenient to get to - seems that most people who come to BA end up staying in Palermo or Recoleta, (2) it was a bit of a smaller school and felt more like a community - we were looking for somewhere that we could study for more than a week or two and wanted a place we looked forward to going to every day and (3) we really liked the staff there and generally got a good vibe from everybody we met, both staff and other students. It's been great so far, and we highly recommend it.
As for paying in advance, we didn't have to deal with that since we didn't find the school until we got here. Having said that, seems reasonable that they'd need some sort of deposit to reserve an apt. for you. It's definitely a reputable company, and we've had great service from them. We just wrote a review of the schools we checked out on our blog, if you want more info (http://www.consultingrehab.com/2010/04/21/how-to-find-a-spanish-school-in-buenos-aires-we-love-ours/). Regardless of what school you choose, best of luck!!
 

HowardinBA

Registered
eva_rgentina said:
Hi everyone,

I've been reading and searching through the forum and the web, trying to decide which Spanish school to go to, but the wealth of information is overwhelming!
I'm coming to Buenos Aires and I want to take a intensive course for the first two weeks.
What I'm looking for: a nice school in a nice, bright building (WiFi!), with great classes, and an engaged social framework for meeting people and activities.
From what I've read on the forum, these seem to be the schools that fit that description:
Expanish
VOS
Vamos Spanish Academy
If anyone has anything good or bad to say about these schools, please speak up! Of course other recommendations are welcome too.

Thank you!
good luck to you:)
 

london2ba

Registered
I can recommend Academia Buenos Aires, just off the Plaza de Mayo nr the Casa Rosa. Their intensive courses came highly recommended to me with a maximum of 6 people per class. It's a great building with WIFI and a roof terrace etc. They have a member of staff in charge of organising outings after class each day for free and generally people from the school socialise a lot in the evenings and weekends.
Good luck
 

oxente!

Registered
I haven´t studied at any of the school listed but I have heard good things about VAMOS, in particular that their teaching material is all created in-house and it´s all adapted to Argentine context (ie, no photocopied worksheets full of Mexican or Spain Spanish, etc) . I think the Palermo location is a big selling point because you don´t have to travel downtown for clases.

If you do want to be downtown I have heard good things about ELEbaires.
 

SaraOR

Registered
I've heard bad things about Expanish. Haven't taken classes anywhere except U.B.A. because they've been amazing. The buildings definitely don't have wifi, but I've never needed to use a computer in class. The teachers are great.
 

mendozanow

Registered
Posts 1 and 2 are obviously combined spam!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best to arrive in BA and check the place out first, never pay before doing this. The plaaces may lie to you about there being limited space, in order to pressure you.

Be careful!
 

eva_rgentina

Registered
mendozanow said:
Posts 1 and 2 are obviously combined spam!!!!!!!!!!!!
Combined spam? If you're implying that I am spamming... I don't really appreciate that. However, I will be careful...



Thanks everyone for your input! :)
 

mendozanow

Registered
eva_rgentina said:
Combined spam? If you're implying that I am spamming... I don't really appreciate that. However, I will be careful...



Thanks everyone for your input! :)
Cmon Jen or Ryan or whichever you are, you have opened another account on this forum to promote your clients who are also unsurpisingly touted in your "blog" (an adverising website).

You want to expand the range of your advertising. Fine. But don´t insult those who call it as it is, or pretend that you are disinterested posters.
 

eva_rgentina

Registered
mendozanow said:
Cmon Jen or Ryan or whichever you are, you have opened another account on this forum to promote your clients who are also unsurpisingly touted in your "blog" (an adverising website).

You want to expand the range of your advertising. Fine. But don´t insult those who call it as it is, or pretend that you are disinterested posters.
I think you should think twice before you go around defaming innocent future expatriates. It's rude. :(
 
Top