spanish tutors

Amarton

Registered
Can anyone recommend a spanish tutor that is actually professional? I work and don't have time to take an intensive class but want to take private lessons as often as I can. However, every tutor I try to get in touch with takes forever to get back to me , and its hard to get a good routine/ schedule going. Also, can anyone recommend a good place to buy a spanish textbook so I can study on my own?

Get The Rosetta Stone series. I bought the first 3 sections for $100 on craigslist. It is excellent. After 2 hours ur head is spinning.
If u r a real begginer synergy spanish is also excellent, but that is for real beginners and can be downloaded (real cheap too, like $35)

I'd happily recommend my tutor Gabriela Ferrante; she's excellent and very professional (I teach English as a foreign language, so I have high standards for adult second-language teachers.) Her approach is communicative, with an emphasis on building fluency, vocabulary, and oral comprehension. Also very flexible about working around student schedules/availability. Her website is www.gabrielaferrante.com.ar. Good luck with your studies!

Cheers,
Kimberly

Hi. I just sent you a private message with contact info from a teacher we had. She brings you plenty of homework so you can study on your own too. :)

Hi,
I would totally recommend my teacher Joaquin. He is the first teacher I have had that really makes me understand everything. If you book block sessions he also gives very competitive rates... First class!
[email protected]

I recommend Luciana de Melo. She is absolutely the best language teacher I have ever had. I am Dutch and as such I have a lot of experience in the matter of learning foreign languages...

She is speaks english well, give her a call at 15 6862 4890 or PM me for her email.

Amarton said:
Can anyone recommend a spanish tutor that is actually professional? I work and don't have time to take an intensive class but want to take private lessons as often as I can. However, every tutor I try to get in touch with takes forever to get back to me , and its hard to get a good routine/ schedule going. Also, can anyone recommend a good place to buy a spanish textbook so I can study on my own?

Hi Amarton, I'm an American that has lived in Bs. As. for seven years, and I teach English. Although I'm not a professional Spanish tutor, I'm bilingual and am studying to be a certified translator in the university here, and I have experience teaching languages and can help you to understand and overcome certain difficulties in Spanish from en English speaking point of view. My email address is: [email protected]. Please email if you have any questions. Thanks.

Flainaz said:
Get The Rosetta Stone series. I bought the first 3 sections for $100 on craigslist. It is excellent. After 2 hours ur head is spinning.

God are you kidding? I did about 30 hours of it and in retrospect it was a total waste of time - I still couldn't string a useful sentence together. It concentrates on the 'progressive' tense (eg ella esta nadando) which nobody ever uses. In contrast, I thought Michel Thomas's courses (downloaded via iTunes) were superb.

My teacher Adriana in Recoleta has been teaching for 30+ years and is great. 15 6541 6950.

Matt

I really recommend my teacher who you can contact through spanishclassbuenosaires.com

I have studied for 8 years and had many different teachers, and Melina is definitely one of the best I've had

Back