Special flight to the USA / 26 March

NeoWonk

Registered
You need to enroll in the STEP program (see link below).

The U.S. Embassy is actively assisting U.S. citizens, in compliance with Argentine travel restrictions, who wish to return to the United States. U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States should work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. In case commercial transportation options cease to be available, we are compiling a list of persons seeking to leave Argentina. In preparation for possible flights, U.S. citizens interested in returning to the United States must do the following:

· Complete the table below and e-mail it to [email protected] indicating your desire to return to the United States. In the subject line of your e-mail, please write “Charter Flight Registration: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME, DATE OF BIRTH DD-MMM-YYYY." If you are in a group with multiple U.S. citizen travelers, please send a separate e-mail for each traveler. Each field below must be completed or your submission cannot be accepted.

· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), the State Department’s system for registering and communicating with U.S. citizens abroad. This will ensure you receive all Embassy travel updates, including any regarding return flights to the United States.

· Continue to follow up with airlines about the availability of commercial flights, which could re-start operations before other travel arrangements such as charter flights are available.

Also:

From the US Embassy:

Event: Eastern Airlines has announced it will operate a direct flight from Buenos Aires to Miami, Florida on March 26 from Ministro Pistarini International Airport (Ezeiza). U.S. citizens interested in departing on this flight will need to book directly with Eastern Airlines.

Please monitor https://goeasternair.com for the latest information on the flight and ticket availability. The flight is subject to change. This is not a U.S. government-operated or funded flight. The Embassy is liaising with Eastern to provide travel information to U.S. citizens. As we have additional information on this or other departure opportunities, we will notify registered U.S. citizens through STEP.

You must organize your own domestic transportation to the airport. The government of Argentina has indicated that travelers attempting to return to their home countries should be able to do so despite the national quarantine. Carry your confirmed ticket and a copy of the letters mentioned on our webpage (https://ar.usembassy.gov/covid-19/) to help facilitate your travel to the airport.

You may be stopped at checkpoints on their way to the airport. U.S. citizens should use the two letters to explain their purpose of travel to the checkpoint authorities. If you are unsuccessful in transiting through the checkpoint, call the Embassy’s emergency phone line listed on the Embassy Letter while you are still at the checkpoint. However, to avoid unnecessary delays, foreign non-residents should not circulate on Argentine roads and attempt to reach Buenos Aires Ministro Pistarini International Airport (Ezeiza) at night. Each province has its own regulations regarding COVID-19 when carrying out inspections at provincial borders, and nighttime clearance at such checkpoints cannot be guaranteed. Plan on making your way to Buenos Aires by day.

If you have not previously expressed interest in returning to the United States and find yourself unable to reach Buenos Aires Ministro Pistarini International Airport from the provinces, go to https://ar.usembassy.gov/covid-19 and follow the instructions for doing so. Note your difficulty traveling in the "special needs" box.

If you have previously expressed interest and are still unable to arrange transportation to Buenos Aires Ministro Pistarini International Airport (Ezeiza) from the provinces, you should follow the instructions on our webpage to send a second e-mail, noting your difficulty arranging transportation. Please include the phrase SECOND EMAIL at the beginning of that subject line.

At this time, this is the only direct way to travel between Argentina and the United States. If you need to leave Argentina, you should strongly consider booking this flight.

· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.

Assistance:

· U.S. Embassy Buenos Aires, Argentina

Av. Colombia 4300

(C1425GMN) Buenos Aires

Argentina

(54-11) 5777-4533

(54-11) 5777-4354 (after hours)

[email protected]

https://ar.usembassy.gov/

· State Department – Consular Affairs

888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444

· Argentina Country Information

· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.

Follow us on Facebookand Twitter

US embassy reports a special flight to the US on Eastern Airlines departing Ezeiza for Miami 26 March.
Embassy states :

U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.

Eastern airlines - I looked it up only about $1500 to nearly $1800 for a one-way seat, coach.

That's how much united charges to fly to Houston. Seems pretty in line to me.

Is anyone on this flight? I need to go because I am going to run out of money here and my business is kaput. The problem is I have two cats, so I need someone to take the other cat. I will pay.

Back