Spice rack

elcolo

Registered
Can anyone tell me where I can get a really good spice rack in BA, as opposed to searching around for lots of different spices in barrio chino and the likes.

Thanks

I have looked everywhere for a decent spice rack here and just cannot find anything. The best I could find was a general 9-pot or 12-pot stainless steel spice holder. You still have to actually go and buy the spices yourself though...

My partner made one for me out of wood. Pretty simple if you're at all handy--buy a saw, nails, wood varnish and some hooks or wall mounts, and voila! As to the spice containers, we used old jars (nuecete olive jars, campagnola tomato paste jars, etc.) and labeled them.

MizzMarr said:
As to the spice containers, we used old jars (nuecete olive jars, campagnola tomato paste jars, etc.) and labeled them.
Ha.. funny I use those as well:D:D As for a good place for anything kitchen and your in luck cause right now they are liquidating .. if you are close to San Telmo there is a place on the corner of Chile and Chacabuco called Ruffino.. they have amazing stuff EVERYTHING and very good quality.. I bought all my frying pans ..wok and scales there..

Thanks for the replies so far, will post back if I find any other options.

Well I just went to el gato negro on Corrientes(between rodrigues pena and montevideo) to buy some spices, and I happened to walk down callao just past lavalle when I stumbled upon a little shop with lots of kitchen items(pots, pans, etc..) They have a bunch of different spice racks there ranging from 50 pesos to 150 pesos from what I could see. May be worth a visit if anyone else is stuck looking for one.

Back