Spices, Cooking Materials and Customs

Interesting.
Last time, I brought six month's worth of coffee beans with me.
In December , I shall be bringing a 12 month supply with me.
" take my cash! my ipod! my laptop, my blackberry!
But please! Please! Don't take my coffeeeeeeee!!!! "

canadien said:
when I fly down, I always bring dozens of spices with me in ziplock bags, mostly for cooking indian dishes. No problems.

I was wondering how many spices it takes to make Poutine? :)

RR

wreReynolds said:
I was wondering how many spices it takes to make Poutine? :)

RR

jejeje.
Salt , fat and carbs. Of course, my Argentinien partner loved it!

Last April we came back to BA from London with 4 x 1 kg bags of Garam Masala, 4 x 1 kg of different curry powders, several others with fish masala seasoning and 10 or more large packs of popadoms (uncooked), plus 34 cans of baked beans, Branston Pickle (2 jars), HP sauce (2 large ones), and several jars of Opies Pickled Walnuts... a personal craving. All I've got left is a bit of Garam Masala....... weep !!! things might have changed at EZE now though, but I plan to do the same next time. We also brought back two king size duck down duvets from John Lewis, which I was a little worried about getting through. They said nothing when we put it all through the sacnner, but we did have a screaming baby in arms.

No worries, I used to bring back all the time Ranch dressing, pancake mix, syrup, coffee, dried cranberries, steak seasoning, cookies, granola, cinnamon sticks, vodka... that's all I can remember now.. Ahh, cinnamon sugar pretzels bought at the airport too... yumm

Perfect! Just what i wanted to hear.

We're actually going for 10 days in Cartagena before heading back (to stock up on coffee, of course) so hopefully the same rules will apply. Cant imagine them being any more strict than BA.

Back