Spilled Coffee On Macbook Air -Help!!

My ThinkPad has holes in the bottom and passage ways through the keypad area for liquids to flow through.

I guess that Lenovo designers are smart, and Apple designers are either dumb asses or they expect their customers to be.

Ooops... :eek:

Good luck with that. You might want to learn from experience... or not.

With cellphones, after removing the liquid, it can still take a few days before the electronics truly dry out and come back to life. Good luck.

Hey all,
I have some tiny screw drivers but none that tiny. And yes I called Josh MacDaddy but he said not to have any hope (and he usually is a pretty hopeful guy). I don't know who Ricardo is. The trick is to turn it off IMMEDIATELY and get it upside down for a few days... I didn't do either of those soon enough / long enough. Luckily the thing was going on 3 years so it's not like I wasn't gonna need a new one in the next little while anyway... Apple has got this planned obsolescence thing down!! If you have any leads of friends selling one do let me know; I'd be happy to get a used one.

And Napoleon thank you for your words of encouragement !! You get to be the first person on my ignore list (jerk).

Hey all,
I have some tiny screw drivers but none that tiny. And yes I called Josh MacDaddy but he said not to have any hope (and he usually is a pretty hopeful guy). I don't know who Ricardo is. The trick is to turn it off IMMEDIATELY and get it upside down for a few days... I didn't do either of those soon enough / long enough. Luckily the thing was going on 3 years so it's not like I wasn't gonna need a new one in the next little while anyway... Apple has got this planned obsolescence thing down!! If you have any leads of friends selling one do let me know; I'd be happy to get a used one.

And Napoleon thank you for your words of encouragement !! You get to be the first person on my ignore list (jerk).
I will ask my DH, he is a certified Apple tech and will post later to this thread.

Another fellow had a similar problem (Malbec) and he literally left the machine for well over a week, took the battery out and didn't switch it on until he came to see me.
I had to refer him to Notebook fix who solved the problem, I think.

Update: I just asked and was told it is 99.99% most likely dead :( Sorry to be the carrier of such bad news.

Wouldn't Uruguay or even Brazil be cheaper?

Believe or not, Brazil is actually more expensive than Argentina. The government taxes heavily electronics, cars, etc. and the result is a 13-inch MacBook Pro with retina display costs almost $3,000 at an official Apple store!

http://store.apple.c...mac/macbook-pro (Brazilian Apple store)
http://store.apple.c...mac/macbook-pro (US Apple store, same model is $1,299).

Of course, the main difference with Argentina is that with SP being the wealthiest city in Latin America, people actually have the money to buy it for that price :)

EDIT: I had heard about this but didn't know it was already happening. Last month, the Duty Free Shop in the Guarulhos-Sao Paulo airport started selling iPhones. Since they are tax-free, you can actually get them cheaper than in the US (same price but no sales tax). Anyone having a connecting flight in SP and planning to get an iPhone might find this handy.

http://blogdoiphone.com/2014/05/free-shop-de-guarulhos-vendera-iphone-por-preco-menor-que-o-comprado-nos-eua/

Back