Spotted: Colmans mustard powder

Ashley

Registered
In barrio chino. 1/2 kilo tins for 120 pesos in Casa China and that big supermarket around the corner from CC. I spotted some of this beginning of last year and then it disappeared from the shelves for about 10 months. Anyone desperate for something seriously spicy in their sandwich should probably move swiftly!

Wonderful news for mustard lovers but - half a kilo? How much mustard do expats use? I inherited a part-used 4oz tin of Colman's Mustard Powder from my late mother and I reckon my children are going to inherit most of the remaining contents from me

Yeah, it is quite a lot but its the only size they import. Perhaps several expats could get together and buy part-ownership of a tin! I normally get through a small (50g) jar every month or so (or more if we have an asado) so the massive tin will set me up for the year. Anything to avoid having to eat that god-awful savora sh**e!

In case anyone's interested, I saw Coleman's mustard powder in Falabella today (Florida 343). It was 46 pesos (ouch!) for a 57 gram (2oz) tin, the normal supermarket size.

I can absolutely understand buying a 1/2 kilo tin. Funny enough I had friend over for lunch and we were laying it thick on the Bocatti. The powder to water ratio is 1/1. You figure a decent sandwich needs a couple tablespoons at least. It's gone in no time!

Back