Spouse Visa Translation

n8w

Registered
I am a US citizen filing the 130 petition (Spouse visa) for my Argentine wife to live in the United States
We have a two year old son that is already a US citizen
We were married in Buenos Aires, Argentina
I am moving to the US this week and will file this petition from Salt Lake City, Utah but she will remain in Buenos Aires, Argentina

My question is
Do I need to get all our documents translated into English (marriage certificate, divorce, our two year old son's birth certificate etc) even though she will have the interview at the US embassy in Buenos Aires?

I am a US citizen filing the 130 petition (Spouse visa) for my Argentine wife to live in the United States
We have a two year old son that is already a US citizen
We were married in Buenos Aires, Argentina
I am moving to the US this week and will file this petition from Salt Lake City, Utah but she will remain in Buenos Aires, Argentina

My question is
Do I need to get all our documents translated into English (marriage certificate, divorce, our two year old son's birth certificate etc) even though she will have the interview at the US embassy in Buenos Aires?

No, any documents that you will need for the U.S. Embassy interview can be in either English or Spanish.

Yes and no, because you have to file some of those documents with the USCIS first and then the NVC in Vermont. Check out the website visajourney.com and you can find guides there. We are going through the same thing as you right now. Suerte!

im doing the same process now and everything that is filed in the US must be translated into English. I also called the National Visa Center and they said also to have any apostilles translated into English...our marriage cert, husband´s birth cert etc. I have a reliable tranlsator if you are looking for one. :) all of the paper work will be filed in the US, she only has to do her interview and medical exam in Buenos Aires,, but the visa is basically processed in the US at various offices so thats why it has to be in English... and if you think about it its good also because eventually in the US she would need tranlated copies of her birth certificate, your marriage license etc for getting a drivers license, social security card, name change etc. And it seems to be cheaper here than in the US to get things translated.

Back