St. Patricks Day-Going to the parade?

Katser said:
Thanks!

But here comes a stupid question:

So Plaza Irlanda is the one over from almagro in cabillito?

But how the hell does it get to plaza San Martin! I know we are an important people but i doubt they cut off 9 de Julio for us!

So there is TWO parades??

I can't decide!!

http://www.buenosaires.gov.ar/noticias/?modulo=ver&item_id=22395&contenido_id=48899&idioma=es

I've tried my best to decifer this in spanish and google translate is useless for it! Any hints contained within?

It is not the same parade that extends to both places, but two different ones: 17.30 Plaza Irlanda and 18:00 Arroyo and Suipacha st.

Ok so what I can get from the irish embassy website is that there is 2 parades. One organized by the Southern Cross in Plaza Irlanda.

Then another organization has organized a parade ending in plaza san martin.
See here: (scroll down)
http://www.embassyofireland.org.ar/home/index.aspx?id=34784

We know a few people heading to San Martin so I think we are going there!

Ah how I long for the days of one main street and one parade!

I appreciate that the San Martin one is nearer the Reconquista Bars, but if its anything like last years - It will be over early.... Heading To Plaza Irlanda, lets all report back on the two parades so we can make sure next years is spot on :)

I have to say I was REALLY disappointed with st patricks day. :(

we met some lovely people from the argentine-irish community who were really welcoming and friendly but it was about as irish as an empanda.

the rain obviously didn't help!

What happened at plaza irlanda?

It rained!!!!

Unfortunately, with the rain, they had to cancel the outdoor events, so we stood under the beer tent, got interviewed/filmed for Canal 26, and left for Casa Bar around 8.30. It was sad that the rain spoiled the party up there, as I believe they had a good line up for music and dancing etc..... I do think this would have been a good event of the weather had allowed.

Like I said from last year, this is more of a drinking event for the locals, than a celebration of St Patrick, at least it was in Reconquista and to be fair that was the way it was at Casa Bar too. Did meet a few Irish Tourists who were having a laugh, but the company was generally the Irish Americans and locals.

There is always next year.....

Back