Sta Maria De Las #$%^&. I Kid U Not.

Once in a very poor barrios in Peru. Heard and seen a cart pulling vendor screaming his lungs out saying,
Conchas frescas, Senyoras tengo Conchitas frescas.!

OK, we're having fun with this one, but we do all realise that the meaning of the word is purely context-dependent, right? Your vendor was probably selling breads that look like a seashell, and the place name that started this clearly means seashells in this context, or perhaps the univalve creature which originally inhabited that shell. Not trying to be a know-it-all here, just...

Maria Conchita Alonso: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mar%C3%ADa_Conchita_Alonso

So much better looking pre-plastic surgery... but then again, she was younger pre-plastic surgery as well.

51ytFvZp32L.jpg

If you have a family live there, how do you answer your child's questions?

Would you have your child born there (on Birth Certificate) ?

You would tell your kids it refers to the word shell, which it does. Any mature adult would recognize it's real meaning. In English some men have the nickname Dick, and most of us don't laugh. However if you enjoy that humor, and occasionally it is funny, you might get a kick out of this. There was a bath and tile store near my house in the States called Dick Butts Tile. It used to make me chuckle.

You would tell your kids it refers to the word shell, which it does. Any mature adult would recognize it's real meaning. In English some men have the nickname Dick, and most of us don't laugh. However if you enjoy that humor, and occasionally it is funny, you might get a kick out of this. There was a bath and tile store near my house in the States called Dick Butts Tile. It used to make me chuckle.

Sure ... You just say shells & they'll shut up.

Dick is not too too bad, ..... but this??? .. give me a break

OK ... what about their Birth Certificates?
What would you say? ... Huh?
Don't tell me shells

OK, we're having fun with this one, but we do all realise that the meaning of the word is purely context-dependent, right? Your vendor was probably selling breads that look like a seashell, and the place name that started this clearly means seashells in this context, or perhaps the univalve creature which originally inhabited that shell. Not trying to be a know-it-all here, just...

I'm not buying.

The place is 500 kms away from the ocean.
What do you mean ?... what shells?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the -ita part of Spanish words usually refer to it being either little or a term of endearment?

Not a big C, just a little one lol

In Spanish "LAS" refers to a plural.
That means more than ONE.

Sure ... Kids are "tontos" right? You just say shells & they'll shut up.

Dick is not too too bad, ..... but this??? .. give me a break

Don't try to spin & twist things around, .... please !

OK ... what about their Birth Certificates?
What would you say? ... Huh?
Don't tell me shells

Better than Mr. Cock.

Back