Standing in line.

Nothing to do with a seat, of course! It's about insufficient overhead bin space.
Honestly don't think the space is insufficient. Pretty sure we argentinians ABUSE it as much as we can abuse each other and get away with it.

Back in the day they used to say you could tell they were argentinians on board because the plane had luggage on top.

Iz

Here. Airplane etiquette in the USA a couple days ago. Flight from Miami to Chicago. I'll take caba any day.

There is so much I could say, but....yeah, no. Remind me never ever ever to go to Chicago.

I had to walk out of Coto without my change once because I was so pissed off about how long the whole process had took. Poor girl didn’t know what to do when I didn’t want to wait another 10 minutes for about 20 pesos.
Knowing the demographic on here you’ve probably never experienced the joy of getting a drink in a busy boliche:
Queue up to order the drink you want and pay take your ticket and then fight at the bar to hand your ticket to the bar man and get your drink.

I had to walk out of Coto without my change once because I was so pissed off about how long the whole process had took. Poor girl didn’t know what to do when I didn’t want to wait another 10 minutes for about 20 pesos.
Knowing the demographic on here you’ve probably never experienced the joy of getting a drink in a busy boliche:
Queue up to order the drink you want and pay take your ticket and then fight at the bar to hand your ticket to the bar man and get your drink.
On a related matter is the regular frustration of waiting for change in small supermarkets because the young people can't do the simplest arithmetic and have to pull out a calculator to work out that a bread roll worth 30 pesos and the bag of milk worth 95 come to 125 and the change from 200 will be 75.

It's quite sad.

Mind you, at the other end of the spectrum, the last time I went home I instinctively pulled out cash to pay for a couple of items at a small supermarket and the young person looked puzzled for reasons I couldn't immediately understand. The whole operation fell to pieces completely when halfway through I realized I could add in some coins to round up so that the change she would have to give me would be a whole number. Confusion reigned for about a minute as we tried to sort it all out from scratch. It occurred to me later that the problem was that I was a relic from a bygone era and she was a cash register operator with little experience of handling cash and no experience of a customer offering small amounts to round out change.

Also quite sad. But for different reasons.

Last edited:
Back