Standing out like a tourist...

Hache said:
Your idea of entertainment is a bit... twisted. I like that.

Not to offend anyone and I love Argentinian women believe me I do.. they are beautiful and tend to have playful and fun personalities...

But have you ever noticed how loud they talk? Especially when they are in a group. Perhaps not so much here in BA but in Corrientes.. put several of them together and it can turn into a shouting match.

tomdesigns said:
Not to offend anyone and I love Argentinian women believe me I do.. they are beautiful and tend to have playful and fun personalities...

But have you ever noticed how loud they talk? Especially when they are in a group. Perhaps not so much here in BA but in Corrientes.. put several of them together and it can turn into a shouting match.

-Have you ever been yelled at by an Argentinean woman ?

-What are you saying ?

-I say, have you ever been yelled at by an Argentinean woman ?

-Sorry, can you speak louder ?

This past week I've been trying to make a game of the number of girls I can spot wearing the leggings tucked into boots with a skirt/shirt long enough to cover their ass combination. There were far too many to keep track of. It's safe to say that this trend has taken over the city.

Ok, so speaking about dress, where do all the GAP sweatshirts and t-shirts come from? There is no GAP here and I swear I see no less than 3 of them a day.

My Gap Sweatshirt comes from a factory outlet in Orlando but I wouldn't like to guess where the rest come from

Personally, I have never been able to blend in no matter where I am, and I long ago gave up trying.
But enough porteno's comment to me in spanish about the way I dress that at least I have confused them about where I am from to some degree...

I can always spot an argentine by their shoes.
If I am in the airport in Dallas, waiting to board the flight to Ezieza, its easy to pick out the tourists from the returning locals just by looking down.

Argentines wear crazy mishmash shoes that are half loafer, half running shoe, or boots that Barbarella might have worn if she was a Hong Kong Hooker in Roman times.

Americans wear cheap looking chinese running shoes, often blindingly white, or orthopedic variations on what male nurses wear in the dreariest of rural US "managed care" facilities. American women tourists almost always go for "sensible". Chaco's, for example. Lot of river rafting to do while walking down Florida, I have always found.

No Argentine EVER has bought "sensible" shoes, nor will they. In fact, I am quite sure there is not a store in BsAs that sells "sensible" shoes. Even the steel toed work boots have a bit of heavy metal bondage fetish sprinkled on em, and the orthopedic old lady shoes are still flirty enough to wear to a telo.

What is a "sensible shoe"? And GAP probably comes from "La Salada", not from China (Ar..gen..TINA, Ar..gen..TINA!) And only chetos wear Lacoste collar shirts, as if they were always coming from a tennis game, like the bad guy in a John Hughes movie.

Back