Standstill due to the elections?

Don't you just love it when someone hi jacks a thread and changes the topic completely :p

Weren't we talking about what's going to happen after the elections. I am actually one of the people that really wants to know the outcome. I wouldn't want Cristina elected again and I think even if she won or not things will change economically in the country with a huge devaluation of the peso and maybe property prices. Maybe Job losses. I think it's certainly wise to keep your money in something other than pesos and sit back while the havoc breaks loose.

It's not that hard ffs. Most conversations are referring to a specific country in relation to another country.

eg.
So how is it living in Argentina?
Well it's a little less developed than the US... yada yada.

Or do you live to be bundled into a label that doesn't fit you? Southern red neck? Dumb American? Country bumpkin?

Like John said, "labes" or categories are there for a reason. We can argue if an element belongs to a category or another, but to refuse to use them because they are "generalizations" is ridiculous. Generalizations help us make sense of the complexity of the world.

In fact, like you said, even discussing in terms of Argentina, the US, etc. is a generalization, given that Buenos Aires is not the same as Jujuy or Chubut.

I still think that referring to argentina as a developing country is an accurate definition. You dont agree, is no big deal, is not that important anyway :)

coolhunter said:
Don't you just love it when someone hi jacks a thread and changes the topic completely :p

Weren't we talking about what's going to happen after the elections. I am actually one of the people that really wants to know the outcome. I wouldn't want Cristina elected again and I think even if she won or not things will change economically in the country with a huge devaluation of the peso and maybe property prices. Maybe Job losses. I think it's certainly wise to keep your money in something other than pesos and sit back while the havoc breaks loose.

Does anyone actually keep their money in pesos:confused: Pretty much everyone I know keeps the minimum in pesos that they need and the rest in (usually) dollars. As for the rest - who knows. It is widely believed that the peso will go to 5-1 to the USD after the elections.

deeve007 said:
Yes, for laziness.
Yes, we are debating semantics. ;)
"laziness", "debate" and "semantics" are labels.

Say what you want to say without these three (or other, e.g. spawned) labels. :D

Yes, for ???
In a couple (a label meaning "close to 2 (a label that signifies 1+1)") of weeks (a label meaning "7 days (a label that means 7 rotations (a label) of the Earth (a label) around it's own axis (a label))"), when you (a label) have described how we (a label) make sounds (a label), and transfer (a label) them (a label) to others (a label), please (a label) continue (a label) with (a label):

Yes (a label), we (a label) are ??? ??? (speak/talk/etc. are labels as well) - hard (a label) label(a label)-less work (a label) ahead (a label) :D:D

coolhunter said:
Can you show even a single thread in this forum, that doesn't digress? :D

Ain't no nothing like that. :D

Is there a discussion in any context that doesn't digress/go on tangents? Blame the human species, not any individual.

deeve007 said:
No, they're words with a defined/specific meaning. :cool:
- which is exactly what is called a label, so we don't have to explain everything in detail from the bottom up.

Really? Then provide me with an accurate definition for "developed" & "developing" that applies accurately to dozens and dozens of different countries, and isn't open for a huge amount of subjectivity.

And who is asking to explain anything in detail? It's really not too difficult (which is what makes it more frustrating for mine): it's far more accurate to say "Argentina is less developed than the US" than "Argentina is a developing nation, the US is a developed nation". I don't even know why you wouldn't want to use the former apart from laziness. To me it seems something that once someone mentions it to you, it's more of a "Oh yeah, that makes sense..." learning process, rather than a stubborn refusal to. That's certainly how it worked for me years ago.

(and don't take the above as me worrying too much, just bored having to do work today... :( )

Back