Start up business

PhilCharter3

Registered
Hi everyone,

Ahhh the life of an Engllish teacher in Buenos Aires. Everyone knows it can be a tough gig sometimes.

Institutes can be unreliable and money hungry, so I have started up Language Alliance, an non-profit organisastion of teachers who give private lessons and get to keep all of the proceeds.

I would really appreciate it if any kind hearted souls could 'like' the Facebook page or recommend any students.

More information can be found here.
www.facebook.com/pages/Language-Alliance/230844316976158

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Maybe I misunderstood your business concept and you can explain where you are going with this. Is it a service? What would be the advantage of "liking" your page? A lot of people already have their own network of private clients that they have achieved often with their own marketing or networks. Why would someone want to identify themselves as a member of your group instead of doing their own thing which could be more lucrative?

The idea is that teachers who are invited to join help market the brand through posters, online methods and word of mouth.

In return we assign clients evenly and teachers get to keep the whole fee.

The benefits are that the Language Alliance will become a reputable and known language brand which will attract students seeking lessons in an institute.

Of course teachers can also have their own private clients outside of those generated by the Language Alliance.

I'm afraid there is no financial incentive for you to like the facebook page. I hoped that my idea might spark some discussion / interest and even camaraderie amongst the EFL community.

What does '' an non profit'' mean? Your an English teacher? Maybe it´s time to look for a new career?????

PhilCharter3 said:
Institutes can be unreliable and money hungry, so I have started up Language Alliance, an non-profit organisastion of teachers who give private lessons and get to keep all of the proceeds.

If you form an alliance, what prevents me from forming a league? :cool:

Sorry, I´m as pathetic as you. The ''your'' should have been you're.

PhilCharter3 said:
so I have started up Language Alliance, an non-profit organisastion of teachers who give private lessons and get to keep all of the proceeds.

Yet the post title is START UP BUSINESS, so is it a business or a non profit organisation?

You ask people to 'like' your facebook page, but you seem to be the only person offering English classes (at AR$50 per hours as stated on your site) then it would appear to be a FOR profit organisation....

Thanks for all of the helpful comments guys.

The idea is to start an institute which does not cream profit from the students. I am one of the teachers, and through publicising the Language Alliance I hope to get more private students.

In addition, teachers that work with me also get the benefit of gaining private students and get to keep the whole fee.

Your goal of forming this seems to be to allow the teachers to keep the profits, rather than share them with the existing businesses they share the profits with. No problem doing this, but it is a problem to refer to this arrangement as non profit.

There's a reason so many work for the existing businesses. They take the risks. They need to market their services to have steady business. They need to gain a good reputation to attract students. So you need a plan to do the same. And you'll probably need money from your members to accomplish this......

Anyway, when you say non profit, this is what you should mean:

http://learningtogive.org/papers/paper41.html

Many of us spend time working for such organizations, and we make no money doing so.

Back