Starting A Business In Buenos Aires

jamila

Registered
Hello all,

I am still searching through the forums so feel free to send me any links if this has been addressed before.

I am looking once again at all the visa options, and someone told me that I might could qualify for a business Visa. ( I have started a website resource for tango tourists) They thought that I might be able to register as self employed or the only employee... etc...

Has anyone done something like this? Can you point me in the right direction for more information for the requirements and next steps...

Thank you in advance

An investor visa requires a huge financial investment...and, I believe, an Argentine partner as well as Argentine employees. Running a website wont get you an investor visa.

In any case, I don't think you should go to migraciones and ask for a visa based on the fact that you have the tango resource website. If they think you are running a business without the proper registration you might find yourself with more problems than solutions.

An investor visa requires a huge financial investment...and, I believe, an Argentine partner as well as Argentine employees. Running a website wont get you an investor visa.

In any case, I don't think you should go to migraciones and ask for a visa based on the fact that you have the tango resource website. If they think you are running a business without the proper registration you might find yourself with more problems than solutions.
the investor visa is the same as a business visa? I assume it references investing in Argentina... I am sure i would have to do a lot to make the website even qualify as a business... right now it is more like a hobby blog.... but thanks for the advice

I would consult with an accountant because if you have a business here it needs to be registered and you have to pay taxes. An accountant should be able to orient you.

sorry but I appreciate you sense of humor :D

Does Migraciones website not load for everyone else? There is a new thread on visas ever other week it seems. You can see the requirements online and in english.

I am looking once again at all the visa options, and someone told me that I might could qualify for a business Visa. ( I have started a website resource for tango tourists) They thought that I might be able to register as self employed or the only employee... etc...

You need to start the business here, with money that you've brought here and prove that it is a viable business model.

See this link. http://www.migracion...versionista.pdf

That's wrong. First of all, what was a large finical commitment 10 years ago is a much smaller one today, even at the official rate. Secondly the whole part about argentine parters hasn't been true at least since I arrived in 2009. However, and this is important:

LA LEY DE SOCIEDADES COMERCIALES said:
ARTICULO 1º — Habrá sociedad comercial cuando dos o más personas en forma organizada, conforme a uno de los tipos previstos en esta Ley, se obliguen a realizar aportes para aplicarlos a la producción o intercambio de bienes o servicios participando de los beneficios y soportando las pérdidas.

Does Migraciones website not load for everyone else? There is a new thread on visas ever other week it seems. You can see the requirements online and in english.

You need to start the business here, with money that you've brought here and prove that it is a viable business model.

See this link. http://www.migracion...versionista.pdf

That's wrong. First of all, what was a large finical commitment 10 years ago is a much smaller one today, even at the official rate. Secondly the whole part about argentine parters hasn't been true at least since I arrived in 2009. However, and this is important:

The financial requirement for the inversionista visa, according to the link you provided is a minimum of ONE MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND PESOS.

I think that amount was set when the peso was about half the (official) rate it is today. If it was four to one then, the minimum investment (in dollars) would have been $375,000.

Only half as many dollars would now be required to meet the requirement, but at the official rate of 8 to one, that would be $187,500 US dollars.

I believe that would be one helluva financial commitment for a tango resource website.

And I think the required financial commitment ten years ago was actually lower than $1,500,000 pesos...but I could be wrong.

The financial requirement for the inversionista visa, according to the link you provided is a minimum of ONE MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND PESOS.

I think that amount was set when the peso was about half the (official) rate it is today. If it was four to one then, the minimum investment (in dollars) would have been $375,000.

Only half as many dollars would now be required to meet the requirement, but at the official rate of 8 to one, that would be $187,500 US dollars.

I believe that would be one helluva financial commitment for a tango resource website.

And I think the required financial commitment ten years ago was actually lower than $1,500,000 pesos...but I could be wrong.

chinga la madre!

I got some equity out of my house, but I sure don't have that kind of money :(

Do you have any idea what most investment visas cost these days? $180 is not expensive at all. Its a FRACTION of what most of the argentines I know are paying for their US visas.

Do you have any idea what most investment visas cost these days? $180 is not expensive at all. Its a FRACTION of what most of the argentines I know are paying for their US visas.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

According to the information in the link which you provided, the fee for an investment visa in Argentina is $600 pesos plus $35 for the DNI...(about $80.00 US dollars).

And as noted in my previous post, in oder to qualify for the inversionista visa, an investment of ONE MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND pesos is required.

At today's official rate of 8 to one, that amounts to ONE HUNDRED, EIGHTY-SEVEN THOUSAND, AND FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS...not $180.00

Back