Starting Citizenship Process for Argentina

What is the benefit of Argentinian citizenship if you already have permanent residency?

One benefit is the MERCOSUR free movement agreement, so if retirement on a Brazilian beach is someone's goal Argentine citizenship would assist greatly.

In Peru, for example, the difference is that if you are a naturalised Argentine or MERCOSUR citizen you need to have held that citizenship for at least five years to enjoy reduced residency and citizenship requirements applicable to MERCOSUR citizens. Not sure if Brazil is the same. But think ahead if that is something on the horizon and a motivating factor.

If you don't mind guys, I have two questions related to citizenship process;
1. Does the "sentencia" mean that the person is Argentine or it is not sure yet?
2. Is "Sentencia" sufficient to vote in the coming elections 2021?

If you don't mind guys, I have two questions related to citizenship process;
1. Does the "sentencia" mean that the person is Argentine or it is not sure yet?
2. Is "Sentencia" sufficient to vote in the coming elections 2021?
1. You are argentina in possesion of status since you apply.
2. SC says the sentencis is the tittle of argentine.
3. No. You need to be in the census.

So I'm a software engineer by profession. However here Ingeniero seems to have a strange meaning and the court is asking for an engineering accreditation. Should I change my profession to say... Programmer or some other meaningless profession in Argentina. In the rest of the world practically anyone can be a Software Engineer with or without college.. Its something my wife just doesn't understand herself.

Is that right, my wife says she'd call someone who fixes computer that.

I'm so confused at how professions are managed. My wife is just stuck on the fact "how can you be X without paying the college you went to something so you can be X".

We're supporting ourselves with my wife's professional income as an abogada but i have _no_ idea how to manage my professional status.

So I'm a software engineer by profession. However here Ingeniero seems to have a strange meaning and the court is asking for an engineering accreditation. Should I change my profession to say... Programmer or some other meaningless profession in Argentina.
Brian, just go to some job listing website and pick the closest thing to what you are doing.

It could be "desarrollador de software", "programador C++", "analista de sistemas" or whatever makes sense for you and stick to it.

I think "tecnico" is rather a technician and "ingeniero" implies formal education in an engineering field.

Last edited:
In fact they cannot ask you for a degree tittle. Are you applying at Concepcion?

Back