Airbnb with suberb view available starting in March

obiwanderkenobi

Registered
Hola, everyone! I have been staying in an Airbnb since September and am returning to the States the first week of March due to some medical issues. I'm posting this on behalf of the owner to help her maybe find a new long term guest. The apartment is on the border of La Boca and San Telmo, a half block away from Parque Lezama.

Before I arrived in September I probably looked at more than a hundred Airbnb listings around CABA, but immediately became hooked on this apartment due to the excellent view and large private balcony. In my opinion it's probably of the best views in the city:

20231208_134829~2.jpg
20231115_152742~5.jpg
fd413e7d-2611-44db-8497-43c6b5d1d32b.png
20230908_193743.jpg
20231018_055326~2.jpg

It is a penthouse apartment, so it is very quiet since there is no one living above. There are four apartments per floor on the other floors, but only two apartments on the top floor. The other apartment on the top floor faces the main avenida and gets all of the sun in the afternoon, so this is the best apartment in the building because it does not face the street and the balcony gets progressively more and more shade in the afternoon after the sun has passed overhead. The balcony around mid-day is perfect for sunbathing.

The other neighbors on the top floor (Paz and "Nacho") are very friendly and quiet, and speak a little bit of English. We've gotten along great and occasionally invite each over for dinner. I had them over for New Year's Eve to watch the fireworks. The building manager (Santiago) lives in the building and I pay his wife (Alicia) to clean the apartment every two weeks. I speak very little Spanish and look like a stereotypical American but I haven't felt unsafe in the building or the neighborhood. It's an easy 10 minute walk through Parque Lezama to restaurants like Napoles or Hierbabuena.

The apartment has two air conditioning units and has fast internet speed (300 Mbps). Lots of hot water if you like taking scalding showers. There's a laundry room in the building that takes tokens, or there's a drop-off lavanderia literally right next door. The apartment has a 4.93 out of 5 rating from 40+ previous guests.

The owner/host (Dani) is an Airbnb "superhost" and has been excellent and very quick and responsive to the few minor issues that have come up during my stay. Vice versa, Dani has told me that I'm the best guest she's ever had, so I'm hoping she'll be able to find a new long-term guest who will treat the apartment with same amount of respect and care that I have.

The monthly rate is currently $800, to which I'm sure some folks will say there are better deals to be found in CABA, but I think the view is more than worth the extra premium. I can't imagine what the price would be for a similar view in a major U.S. city. Also, in my opinion I think $800 is pretty fair for the convenience of being able to rent a long-term apartment without having to deal with long-term leases and garantias.

Since I'm still here for another month, I'm not sharing a direct Airbnb link in the post to avoid doxxing my exact location (although I'm sure some savvy geoguesser can probably figure it out, lol). But if you're interested, or know someone who is interested, please feel free to send me a private message and I will be happy to share a link and I can provide you with Dani's Whatsapp if you want to contact her directly.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20231028_202539~3.jpg
    20231028_202539~3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Wow that is a great price. I am not paying that for mine, but that's a good price. Someone will definitely grab that. I am about to close on a new contract on mine, for 1 year, with an option to renew for up to two more years.

Wow that is a great price. I am not paying that for mine, but that's a good price. Someone will definitely grab that. I am about to close on a new contract on mine, for 1 year, with an option to renew for up to two more years.

Any other apartment in the same building I probably wouldn't pay more than $500 or $600 tops (especially considering all of the other floors have twice as many apartments). But I was ecstatic to find this view and thought $800 was more than worth it. I also love the spaciousness and privacy of the balcony. Not many apartments in CABA where you could get away with topless sunbathing (if you were so equipped or inclined), as everyone else's balcony can usually see yours.

If the apartment was in the more touristy areas (and had a similar view), she could easily charge way more than she does. However, being (ever so slightly) in La Boca comes with a discount as it's not the first choice for most tourists and expats when they are perusing local Airbnb listings.

Hola, everyone! I have been staying in an Airbnb since September and am returning to the States the first week of March due to some medical issues. I'm posting this on behalf of the owner to help her maybe find a new long term guest. The apartment is on the border of La Boca and San Telmo, a half block away from Parque Lezama.

Before I arrived in September I probably looked at more than a hundred Airbnb listings around CABA, but immediately became hooked on this apartment due to the excellent view and large private balcony. In my opinion it's probably of the best views in the city:

View attachment 9456
View attachment 9459
View attachment 9460
View attachment 9462
View attachment 9464

It is a penthouse apartment, so it is very quiet since there is no one living above. There are four apartments per floor on the other floors, but only two apartments on the top floor. The other apartment on the top floor faces the main avenida and gets all of the sun in the afternoon, so this is the best apartment in the building because it does not face the street and the balcony gets progressively more and more shade in the afternoon after the sun has passed overhead. The balcony around mid-day is perfect for sunbathing.

The other neighbors on the top floor (Paz and "Nacho") are very friendly and quiet, and speak a little bit of English. We've gotten along great and occasionally invite each over for dinner. I had them over for New Year's Eve to watch the fireworks. The building manager (Santiago) lives in the building and I pay his wife (Alicia) to clean the apartment every two weeks. I speak very little Spanish and look like a stereotypical American but I haven't felt unsafe in the building or the neighborhood. It's an easy 10 minute walk through Parque Lezama to restaurants like Napoles or Hierbabuena.

The apartment has two air conditioning units and has fast internet speed (300 Mbps). Lots of hot water if you like taking scalding showers. There's a laundry room in the building that takes tokens, or there's a drop-off lavanderia literally right next door. The apartment has a 4.93 out of 5 rating from 40+ previous guests.

The owner/host (Dani) is an Airbnb "superhost" and has been excellent and very quick and responsive to the few minor issues that have come up during my stay. Vice versa, Dani has told me that I'm the best guest she's ever had, so I'm hoping she'll be able to find a new long-term guest who will treat the apartment with same amount of respect and care that I have.

The monthly rate is currently $800, to which I'm sure some folks will say there are better deals to be found in CABA, but I think the view is more than worth the extra premium. I can't imagine what the price would be for a similar view in a major U.S. city. Also, in my opinion I think $800 is pretty fair for the convenience of being able to rent a long-term apartment without having to deal with long-term leases and garantias.

Since I'm still here for another month, I'm not sharing a direct Airbnb link in the post to avoid doxxing my exact location (although I'm sure some savvy geoguesser can probably figure it out, lol). But if you're interested, or know someone who is interested, please feel free to send me a private message and I will be happy to share a link and I can provide you with Dani's Whatsapp if you want to contact her directly.

Thanks!
Did you have any more photos of the bathroom and kitchen?

And is it only long term rental or would they accept 1-2 months?

Did you have any more photos of the bathroom and kitchen?

And is it only long term rental or would they accept 1-2 months?
Hi @Nutrition_Nomad -

It's normally an Airbnb listing with only a two-night minimum, so I'm sure a 1-2 months stay would be fantastic for Dani (the host). Before I came along the listing was booked mostly for short stays of a week or less, which is a lot of extra work for her because of the constant turnover. I think I was her first long term guest ever, which she really appreciated, especially because it gave her peace of mind that no one would be throwing any crazy parties or anything, lol. But now that I'm planning on returning to the U.S., her Airbnb booking calendar will soon be empty again.

She'll go back to hosting short term stays (i.e. stays of less than week) again if need be, however, I told her I'd create a post on BAexpats in the off chance someone might be interested in a longer rental. I'm not getting anything out of this - she's been a great host and times are (always) tough for the locals, so I'm just trying to help her find a new booking if possible. Normally she'd probably have a half-dozen tourists coming and going over the course of a month, and some days no guests at all, so a 1-2 month stay would be perfect for filling the void now that I'm departing.

Here are a few more pictures:

A1.png
A2.png
A3.png
A4.png
A5.png
A6.png
A7b.png
A7.png

Last edited:
Hi @Nutrition_Nomad -

It's normally an Airbnb listing with only a two-night minimum, so I'm sure a 1-2 months stay would be fantastic for Dani (the host). Before I came along the listing was booked mostly for short stays of a week or less, which is a lot of extra work for her because of the constant turnover. I think I was her first long term guest ever, which she really appreciated, especially because it gave her peace of mind that no one would be throwing any crazy parties or anything, lol. But now that I'm planning on returning to the U.S., her Airbnb booking calendar will soon be empty again.

She'll go back to hosting short term stays (i.e. stays of less than week) again if need be, however, I told her I'd create a post on BAexpats in the off chance someone might be interested in a longer rental. I'm not getting anything out of this - she's been a great host and times are (always) tough for the locals, so I'm just trying to help her find a new booking if possible. Normally she'd probably have a half-dozen tourists coming and going over the course of a month, and some days no guests at all, so a 1-2 month stay would be perfect for filling the void now that I'm departing.

Here are a few more pictures:

View attachment 9467
View attachment 9468
View attachment 9469
View attachment 9470
View attachment 9471
View attachment 9472
View attachment 9474
View attachment 9473
Great thanks... 1BR 1 Bed?

We are currently 3 weeks into a 3 month stay in Palermo Soho and not sure if we want to live in another spot as we do love it here.

Back