Starting Dni Process For Retired Person While In Usa

vtw

Registered
I am currently in the USA. When I left in December the Immigration guy was questioning my going and coming and I think he said I might have trouble getting back in the next time--- that was my take on it. My Spanish is not that good.

So I would like to do the DNI thing this year and wondered if there is something I can do while I am here to start the process.

I apologize ---I know there is a lot of material on the subject but not so easy to struggle through as you might think.

I can meet all the qualifications ---It is just a matter of paperwork organization--- Thanks

The list of "required" documents can found on the migraciones website. You can't apply for temporary residency without the FBI report but it should not have been issued more than 60 days (possibly less) prior to your return to Argentina. If you are close to an Argentine consulate you could submit all of the paperwork there but I believe it will cost $800 dollars more if you go that route.

There is a member if this group who has accompanied a number of us when we applied for and renewed our temporary resident visas. She acts as a "friendly interpreter" and has a success rate of 100% for those of us who have applied for the visa pensionado. I will send her contact information to you if you would like her help. The cost is between $100 and $200 USD.

If you have income from Social Security you will need a "benefits letter" which you can get online. The letter will need to be translated and legalized in Argentina if you apply for temporary residency here.

Steve thank you--- So if I just wait and meet with the friendly interpreter when I get there, I can accomplish all I need to do--I don't have to be in the US to get the FBI report?

I just hope they let me in for one last time and I can become legal before they shut the door.

http://www.migracion...osur_temporaria

PENSIONER REQUIREMENTS

DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT:

- IDENTITY: Identity Card, Passport or Certificate of Citizenship with photo, originals. These documents must be in force and in good condition.

- CERTIFICATE OF ARGENTINE CRIMINAL RECORDS Issued by the National Registry of Reoffend, or Federal Police. Only requires to those over 16 years.

- CERTIFICATE OF LACK OF CRIMINAL RECORD issued by the competent authorities of the countries where they have resided for a period exceeding ONE (1) year, during the course of the last THREE (3) years. Only requires to those over 16 (sixteen) years.

- AFFIDAVIT of lack of criminal record in other countries (it will be produce in migration at the time of application for residence).

- ENTRY. Country entry seal stamped to a travel document or migration card.

- CERTIFICATE OF DOMICILE OR AN INVOICE OF ANY PUBLIC SERVICE WITHYOUR NAME (ABL, electricity, water or gas)

- ONE 4X4 COLOR PHOTO (It must be current, taken from the front, half bust, with the head completely uncovered, color, white even background, allowing appreciate faithfully and in all its fullness the holder's facial features when manage the procedure).

- RATES: $1200 + $35 DNI (in Argentine pesos if processed in Argentina)

- Certificate issued by an international government or organization that certifies that you receive a pension or retirement, on a regular and permanent way, as well as the amount and duration of said benefit.
In order to prove the facts must submit documentation demonstrating your pensioner nature.

THE RESIDENCY GIVEN WILL BE TEMPORARY.

IMPORTANT:
•All documents issued abroad must have the legalization of the Argentine Consulate, located in the country issuing the document Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Trade and Worship, or Apostille, if the country has ratified the Hague Convention .
• Without detriment of that established on international agreements or conventions in force, any documents issued by consular representatives in the national territory must have the legalization of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Trade and Worship, except MERCOSUR.
• All documents issued in a foreign language must have the Spanish translation made by National Public Translator (Section 6 Law No. 20.305) and legalized by the Translators' Association.
• The documents submitted should be original. The National Direction of Migration may require, if deemed necessary, additional documentation to those detailed before.

The Argentine consulates don't put a lot of info online and they offer varying levels of efficiency, but if you are close to one, you should check with them about initiating the process there. Steve may be right about the US$800, but a listing on the website for the Los Angeles consulate indicates that it is US$100 or $200. I did it about 5 years ago through Washington. I don't remember what I paid, but I think it was about $100. The info on their website, however, was so out of date when I did it that they took all visa information down after I insisted that they had to let me get away with just a local police report because that is what the website said. Good luck.

I am currently in the USA. When I left in December the Immigration guy was questioning my going and coming and I think he said I might have trouble getting back in the next time--- that was my take on it. My Spanish is not that good.

Hopefully, this won't happen to you when you return, but it might be wise to fly into Uruguay as Dr. Rubliar has suggested.
It Happened To Me. Visa Entry Problem.

Thanks Jan. I am not sure if I am ready for this route yet, but I have saved your information.

The list of "required" documents can found on the migraciones website. You can't apply for temporary residency without the FBI report but it should not have been issued more than 60 days (possibly less) prior to your return to Argentina. If you are close to an Argentine consulate you could submit all of the paperwork there but I believe it will cost $800 dollars more if you go that route.

There is a member if this group who has accompanied a number of us when we applied for and renewed our temporary resident visas. She acts as a "friendly interpreter" and has a success rate of 100% for those of us who have applied for the visa pensionado. I will send her contact information to you if you would like her help. The cost is between $100 and $200 USD.

If you have income from Social Security you will need a "benefits letter" which you can get online. The letter will need to be translated and legalized in Argentina if you apply for temporary residency here.

Steve thanks for all the good info. I would like the contact info for the "friendly interpreter". Thanks

Back