Statistics On Most Risky Neighborhoods In Bsas

nlaruccia

Registered
This is an interesting article. It's quite surprising that the most public day light robberies actually occur in Palermo. Go figure. I had my money on Bajo Flores.

www.lanacion.com.ar/m1/1575365-el-mapa-de-los-delitos-en-la-capital-segun-los-propios-vecinos

If using per capita robbery rates, Flores would beat Palermo. :)

But many people don't even report street theft/robberies.

The thieves are no Boludos they know Palermo residents carry around Expensive Ipads, cell phones, cameras and credit cards plus cash and jewelry. The pungas specialized in purse snatching come from Colombia and other areas, The risk/benefit ratio is better in Palermo. :cool:

Palermo Numero Uno in , entraderas, stabbings, snatchers,

Then why do so many on the forum give the wrong advice to the newcomers and newbies about how safe Palermo is? It doesn't seem like safe nor responsible advice.....RichOne, you've given some great advice.

post_offline.png
Rich One
Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:25
Is Palermo safe? any more?
Palermo: denounces more than 600 thefts in 90 days.
http://www.clarin.co...1081692043.html

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:18 PM
Palermo chico is the most exclusive part of the city. Of course its nice and safe and clean and recommendable.

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

IMHO, most of BA barrios are ok regarding to safety. Palermo, Belgrano, Nuñez, Recoleta, Villa Urquiza, Caballito, Almagro, Boedo, Villa Crespo, Chacarita, Colegiales, San Telmo, Balvanera, they are pretty much all the same talking of security. Id be careful with La Boca, Barracas, Retiro, Constitucion, Once.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:02 AM
Honestly, for a tourist who is a week in B.A., it doesn't matter too much if its Recoleta, Palermo Soho, Palermo Hollywood or Palermo Chico. In areas you'll find bars and restaurants and they are all pretty central and safe.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:47 PM
forget the hotels... rent a large apartment for a week..... in recoleta or palermo.......

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

belgrano got to be the most boring barrio of the capital.
...yes but its safe and secure - and when you go out you go somewhere else to party ;)

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:56 PM
I'm in Alto Palermo, very safe, great transport links and close to everything!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:47 PM
Without any doubts, Palermo Chico. We lived one year in a PH in Palermo Soho and you cannot simply compare these two. Chico is close to parks, subte, it is airy, safety and perfect for hanging out and morning running

nlaruccia I wrote one of the quotes, that Palermo Chico is safe and clean, because it totally is. Its a part of Palermo, totally different from Palermo Viejo, or Soho, or Hollywood, etc. Palermo chico is top of the line, the most exclusive and expensive part of the city by far, plenty of embassies, of important people, celebrities, mansions, etc, so YES is clearly more safe than the rest of Capital Federal (I would say is the safer barrio of the country with Puerto Madero).

Its totally another Palermo.

Back