Status of foreign parent when child is born in Argentina

You can only apply via DNM website if you are physically present in Argentina. Maybe you didn't use the correct term in your conversation with the Embassy. You would apply for a visa, a family reunification visa if you are in Spain.
Thanks El Manolo.

So, I should apply for Argentinian permanent residency when I am physically on the ground there.

Conversely, I apply for my wife's permanent residency from here in Spain. I have read the small print - I first need to physically present the required documents here. Thereafter, for step 2, she needs to visit the local Spanish Consulate in Mendoza.

Thanks El Manolo.

So, I should apply for Argentinian permanent residency when I am physically on the ground there.

Conversely, I apply for my wife's permanent residency from here in Spain. I have read the small print - I first need to physically present the required documents here. Thereafter, for step 2, she needs to visit the local Spanish Consulate in Mendoza.
The family reunification visa is permanent residency. You'll just need to apply for your DNI when you get here.

@El manolo - One final thing that I want to clarify (apologies if it appears that I am asking the same questions again). There is nothing that I can do in terms of Argentinian family reunification/permanent residency/DNI etc. while I am in Spain? I can only start the process when I am in Argentina, correct?

@El manolo - One final thing that I want to clarify (apologies if it appears that I am asking the same questions again). There is nothing that I can do in terms of Argentinian family reunification/permanent residency/DNI etc. while I am in Spain? I can only start the process when I am in Argentina, correct?
You can get the family reunification visa/residency visa at any Argentine Consulate abroad. That's what I did.

Back