Staying For Three Weeks

malaver

Registered
hey!
I'm coming to BsAs in a few days to stay for three weeks. What would be my best option - to rent an apartment (if it's even possible for such a short stay) or a room or even a private room in a hostel? I need a reliable internet connection, a table and chair for work, and unlimited access to kitchen.

Also, what kind of money am I looking to spend in total? Asking for a rough estimate, of course. I'm on the high end of the budget traveler range. I don't mind eating at cheap places or waiting for a bus instead of catching a taxi, but I'd also like to go clubbing and maybe take a tango course.

Apartment rental option for 3 weeks is too expensive. Best option is a room with kitchen access . Some board members rent rooms as well. Most important is LOCATION, taxis are costly and buses are not available at all hours. Room rates per week. Check hostel rates
below as a reference downtown, $35 US per night with b-fast, wi-fi. Promos available.

http://www.downtownbahostel.com/es/tarifas.php

3 weeks rental is as expensive as a whole month. Looking at a grand USD - cash in hand - for a nicely furnished, well located 1BR place. Must bring another grand as a depot.

Search the board for references.

If I was here for 3 weeks without kids, I would stay in a hostel. I think you will have the most fun and its probably the cheapest option as well. Cause its a short amount of time, it will be a quick fire place to get info, things to do etc. If your going to be here for the first week of Feb, try and get along to a soccer (fútbol match). New season gets rolling on Feb 3 (I think...).

If hostels arent your thing, you could rent an apartment. Somewhere like airbnb would be a good place to start, sure you could pick up something there but it wont be cheap, but will be cheaper than a hotel and much much more comfortable.

Apartment rental option for 3 weeks is too expensive. Best option is a room with kitchen access . Some board members rent rooms as well. Most important is LOCATION, taxis are costly and buses are not available at all hours. Room rates per week. Check hostel rates
below as a reference downtown, $35 US per night with b-fast, wi-fi. Promos available.

http://www.downtownb.../es/tarifas.php

Hmm $35 x 21 = $735
There are apartments advertised for less than that on this board. I hope I'll find a better deal.

You mentioned location, what neighborhood would you recommend?

Iznogud and trennod - thanks for your answers. Unfortunately I'm leaving before the football season.

BTW still looking for an expenses estimate. How much is a 5 minute taxi ride + hamburger + two beers + average club cover charge?

Hmm $35 x 21 = $735
There are apartments advertised for less than that on this board. I hope I'll find a better deal.

You mentioned location, what neighborhood would you recommend?

Iznogud and trennod - thanks for your answers. Unfortunately I'm leaving before the football season.

BTW still looking for an expenses estimate. How much is a 5 minute taxi ride + hamburger + two beers + average club cover charge?

Apartment rental requires 1 moth, deposit, 1 month commission, 1 month rent. in advance???

5 minute taxi ride + hamburger + two beers + average club cover charge? Grand Total, 20+42+40+60 = 162 or $24 USD at the Blue dollar rate! on the cheap side.

collectivos are required by law to run every half hour, 24/7.
and as far as I can tell, they do.
I have ridden em at every hour of the night, and on christmas days and new years.

buy a SUBE card, 15 pesos, and charge it up with 40 or 50 pesos, and save almost half on every collectivo ride. It works on the Subway, too.

There's no such thing, AFAIK, as a 1 month commission for a short rental. Normally just a flat fee, much less.

Hello, I have a friend who can share a room of his apartment house in Center area (5 blocks from Obelisco)
If you are looking some economy one you can go at 400 dolars for three weeks. He can speak English.
but he would like to know whick kind of person, if you are interested in it, please send me a msg
with your profile and I will conect with him [email protected]

Back