Staying on past expired visa

Celia

Registered
Hi,
I was told today by a guy at the Informes desk at Migraciones that I cannot renew my investor visa (did not fulfil their criteria) and my husband cannot therefore renew his spouse visa.
He actually advised me to stay in Bs As past the feb. expiry date until my baby is born in June and then apply for residency through my child's Argentine nationality.
Does this sound feasible or could there be some serious problems if I overstay and do this?
I'd appreciate any advice or to hear of similar experiences...

"Celia" said:
Hi,
I was told today by a guy at the Informes desk at Migraciones that I cannot renew my investor visa (did not fulfil their criteria) and my husband cannot therefore renew his spouse visa.
He actually advised me to stay in Bs As past the feb. expiry date until my baby is born in June and then apply for residency through my child's Argentine nationality.
Does this sound feasible or could there be some serious problems if I overstay and do this?
I'd appreciate any advice or to hear of similar experiences...

I think it was a sensible advice.

"Celia" said:
... my baby is born in June and then apply for residency through my child's Argentine nationality.

yes, if your child will be born here in Argentina the child is a Argentinian citizen and has all rights to life here. So if you are married you and your husband have the rights to check out a residence to living here with the baby.is one of the easiest ways to get a DNI :) bye schef4711

Back