Steak restaurants

Kasper Thomas

Registered
I have been to a lot of steak restaurants to find the perfect steak and "La Cabrera" in Palermo, has until now been the best. they have 40% off every day but monday from 7-8 pm.. ;)

Also known as the Un-official American embassy!!!!!! Not really a insider tip....dont wanna be rude......

I think cabreras incredible! My hubbies argentine and weve been to loads of places and still love la Cabrera best!

I think La Cabrera is irritating. They give you 12 little side dishes and not one of them tastes of anything! The meat is tender at the expense of tasty (a delicate balance I know), but personally I have never been disappointed by the no name parrilla 4 blocks away where the bife de chorizo for 2 or 3 people is 70 pesos. Truth be told, once you have a good butcher you dont eat beef out. Why, cos the frying pan is actually the weapon of choice to cook the best steak!!

Well an asado at home is always delicious and cheaper! But definitely think the meat is of much better quality at Cabrera then at no-name! And I live those little tasty side dishes! Never have to order anything but the meat!

Used to go to Cabrera a lot, first time back in 2006.
Went there last month, decided that that was my last time!
Service was the worst of the worst, horrible scenery! Funny enough a friend of mine had exact same expirience a week before. Cabrera have had great success over the last couple of years, primarely by foreigners, which have changed their attitude totally. Furthermore all these small tricks, F.ex. steaks in 3 sizes etc., makes me sick!
The meat is still good, but with a waiting time for a table of one hour, "big" ojo de bife, 600 gr., for 130 pesos, there is a lot better options around! Also the fact that the place is to 90% foreign tourists, doesnt really turn me on anymore.

Yup the 90% tourist is super true and I remember going in 2007 and the service was great! Long waits but unlimited champagne while u wait! Now u practically have to beg for a glass of champagne! but meat wise its excellent but definitely helps when u have Club la nacion!

Not a fan of Cabrera. Do love Establo - for me it's hands down the absolute best steak in BsAs. Unfortunately with the Argentine beef served in BsAs no longer grass fed I am eating less and less;-(

Maybe its not a insider tip, but I have not had so good and tasty meat other places, I dont think I have been to Establo though!
I normally go to la cabrera when there is 40% of, and I always get got service, but of course they are busy...

I'm a big fan of Siga La Vaca. Just hit it up y'day for 120 pesos. All you can eat steak plus a bottle of wine for each person. It's over in Puerto Madero with another location next to Aeroparque.

I like La Cabrera, but things have just gone downhill lately. However, the proximity to Plaza Serrano makes it a great place to have some tasty steak, lots of wine, and then hit up some of the clubs/bars afterwards.

The best steak I've had in BA has been at Mirasol...they have a location in Puerto Madero or in Recoleta. It's a bit pricey but I promise you that you won't be disappointed.

Buen provecho!

Back